What's new

DVD Profiler Freezes (1 Viewer)

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I've upgraded to DVD Profiler 2.1. Everytime I try to add a new DVD the Internet Data Base window opens and it starts to download the online profile list. Once it gets that done the program freezes and I have to shut it down. Any ideas ?

I'm running Win98SE.

Thanks in advance

Dave

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
You know I used to have that same problem.. arghhh it was so annoying!!! I have xp, though, which shouldnt matter.

Anyway go uninstall it. ReDownload it. Install it. It should be better. If not reinstall again. I had to do it 3 times b4 it worked. Now even when it goes to refresh the list...my god it takes a good 2 minutes!!

Hope that helps

Brad Eisenhauer

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure the program actually freezes? Processing the newly downloaded data often takes several minutes, during which the program will be unresponsive.

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I am certain it is frozen.When I bring up the task manager it lists DVD Profiler and then in parentheses it says not responding.If I try to close it using the cancel button nothing happens. I have to use the task manager end task button which shuts the whole program down. I will try un-installing and re-installing and see if that helps. Wish me luck.

Even though it says "Not responding" it doesn't really mean it is frozen. If it is downloading info or if the Internet connection is slow to respond then it will also have that message.

I would leave it for a while and see what it does.

Do you have a firewall program running on your computer? If so... disable it while you do this.

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Indeed.... I recently installed a copy on my father's machine, and it took about 15 minutes for it to process all of the data. Of course, he's running virtual PC on a iBook, just so he can run DVDProfiler, but still :) In fact, it timed out during the download, so I had to restart it. Fortunately, it skipped through the stuff it had already processed, and just got what it needed.

The first time you get data, it takes forever to process. And it will say that the program is "not responding" while it processes all the data. Just start it, and go do something else for half an hour. A watched pot never boils!

Bruce

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I wnet home for lunch...started DVD Profiler and started the update. Hopefully when I get home it'll be done.
I'll update you on my progress.
Thanks

Dave

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
Mine took forever. I have 2129 disc and I thought it froze up too. I checked the task manager as well but I know that while a program is working it can state "not responding".

I let it run for what seemed to be forever and it finally finished. With 2.1 I found that I have exceeded my online limit for uploading!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks