What's new

DVD players with Faroudja Chips? (1 Viewer)

Pat_C

Agent
Does anyone know whether Best Buy or Circuit City carry DVD players with the Faroudja chip? They don't carry Denon, and I am not sure what other players out there might have this chip.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
You may be able to find the Kenwood 6050 there. I highly reccomend this player. Great picture and sound plus DVD-A and Faroudja for $250. I tried a number of players including the Denon 2900 before deciding on this player.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Best Buy and Circuit City don't carry Faroudja-based models. Try a Tweeter store, they carry both the Denons and the Mitsubishi DD-8040.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the tip!!!!

I just did some research and that Kenwood, is considered the way hot buy right now in DVD players.....

Comments like this were common in my search on the Kenwood.
"Thanks to Faroudja's advanced DCDi™ (Directional Correlation Deinterlacing) technology, you won't be distracted by jagged edges on still objects or moving angled lines. "

I may even go look at one this evening, on my way home.
The CC guys will be laughing as I was in last night buy'n an HDTV tuner. They seemed excited about my HDTV upgrade even though they did not sell me the TV, even telling me they didn't blame me at all for going for the internet deal I found. (A far cry from the treatment I got when I was looking at buy'n a TV from them actually for the way better)

I could not find any audio reviews on it though.. Know of any links to some???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks