What's new

Marantz VC6001 universal player (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I bought two of these and never used the second one. It's handy to have because it plays so many formats and can be made region free, converts PAL to NTSC and vice versa, has a Faroudja chip and outputs 1080P over HDMI. DVD-Audio/Video and SACD. Comes with original box, owners manual and remote. I haven't used it, but I will test it out and even do the region free hack for prospective buyers. It's just a few key presses on the remote control. It's a handy 5 disc changer to have in your system. I like my one VC6001 unit in my AV room but I don't need two. It's a little funky on startup sometimes, so be aware. It's a known quirk with some of these machines. If there are no discs in it at start up there usually are no issues. I paid $308 for it a few years ago. I haven't used it much except to test it out. Given the startup quirk, I'll take $100 firm.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
As far as the quirk is concerned. Sometimes when you start up the unit with several discs in it, the carousel spins funny and some discs are actually knocked out of their spots. I am not sure if there is a firmware fix or a mod that can be done to the disc spots to prevent them from getting knocked out. For the one I use, I haven't had it filled lately. Its still a very useful player to have around despite the quirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks