What's new

DVD player under $250 (1 Viewer)

kyutaek

Agent
I have Sony 36FS510H (HD ready Hiscan Tube) TV and Onkyo SR701 receiver. I want to find the right dvd player for the setting. I am wondering if I have to buy DVD-A or SAcd dvd players, or just go with the one without the features.

I got a question: if DVD player is not compatible with DVD-A, then can I still watch a mustic concert DVD? If yes, would the sound quality in DVD-A way better than regular DVD?

I searched quite a bit in the forum and found that the one with faroudja chip gets better picture quality. How about sound quality? I probably use DVD player for both playing dvd (movie or concert) and music cd (for sound). Which model would you recommend (under $250) for both picture quality and sound quality? I would appreciate your valuable input. Thank you.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
For playing regular DVDs and CDs all DVD players are pretty much the same. If you don't care about higher quality DVD-audio or SACD formats, then your best bet is a Faroudja-based model. You can get a used/unopened model like the Panasonic RP82,XP30,XP50 for $200-$300 on EBAY. The cheapest new models in stores with Faroudja are the Mitsubishi DD-8040 for

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks