What's new

DVD player play Audio CD (1 Viewer)

Martin Jiang

Agent
I am using a malata 520 DVD player as a single source for both video and audio cd. I am very satisfied with its video quality but I have no way of knowing whether it's audio quality is good or bad.

The way I see it, CD is digital. if I use the digital out of the player and send it into my receiver. Then it's using the D/A converter in the receiver, in this case no matter what kind of crappy player I use, as long as it has a digital out, they should all sound eactly the same. Am I right? DO I need to upgrade to a dedicated CD player?

Thanks

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
There have been numerous threads in the past basically asking the same question (i.e. if it is digital, then the transport does not particularly matter, just the DACs). I bet if you do a search on "transports" you will find numerous threads that can explain the different reasons why one should be able to hear differences.

By the way, how do you like the sound from the Malata 520 player as a CD player? Seriously, knowing this will go a long way in answering your question of whether the audio quality is good or bad.

David

Martin Jiang

Agent
David

Hard to say about the audio quality without a side by side compare. It sounds fine but I am just wondering what the difference could be.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks