DVD player and speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shana, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Hello, forum, it has been a long time since I have posted. due to my being displaced from my house since August, so haven't had a chance to purchase anything new, but should be back in my house in a month's time hopefully.

I am still practically a HT virgin (I know, sounds like "I am barely pregnant")

I have a 27" Samsung HDTV and a Yamaha 5550 Receiver and am in the market for a decent mid-range progressive scan DVD and speakers.

Your recommendations would be so helpful and I would really appreciate it.

Shana

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Where are the Samsung and Yamaha presently?

3. Andre_L

Andre_L Auditioning

Hi, I've always loved Cerwin vega. All 9 (including my 2 subs) work excellent. My two fronts are LS-12, which I believe they started a new series. Clearly not the most expensive speakers, but fantastic for the price.

As far as DVD players go, I would try not to get a JVC. Mine has caused me problems after problems.

I'm new to this forum so most likely some other guys could help you out. Cerwin Vega is a great speaker however.

Andre

4. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

My Samsung is in the apt. I am living in and the Yamaha is at a friend's house for safekeeping. I bought the receiver through jandr.com right before my house fiasco and so haven't even played with it yet. [​IMG]
    How much are those cerwin vega speakers? If I can find a good deal online I go for that because 1) I don't like shopping, and 2) don't really know what to listen/look for. I wonder if there will be some good deals in the stores and online after the holidays.