What's new

DVD player and speakers? (1 Viewer)

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, forum, it has been a long time since I have posted. due to my being displaced from my house since August, so haven't had a chance to purchase anything new, but should be back in my house in a month's time hopefully.

I am still practically a HT virgin (I know, sounds like "I am barely pregnant")

I have a 27" Samsung HDTV and a Yamaha 5550 Receiver and am in the market for a decent mid-range progressive scan DVD and speakers.

Your recommendations would be so helpful and I would really appreciate it.

Shana

Andre_L

Auditioning
Hi, I've always loved Cerwin vega. All 9 (including my 2 subs) work excellent. My two fronts are LS-12, which I believe they started a new series. Clearly not the most expensive speakers, but fantastic for the price.

As far as DVD players go, I would try not to get a JVC. Mine has caused me problems after problems.

I'm new to this forum so most likely some other guys could help you out. Cerwin Vega is a great speaker however.

Andre

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
My Samsung is in the apt. I am living in and the Yamaha is at a friend's house for safekeeping. I bought the receiver through jandr.com right before my house fiasco and so haven't even played with it yet. :frowning:
How much are those cerwin vega speakers? If I can find a good deal online I go for that because 1) I don't like shopping, and 2) don't really know what to listen/look for. I wonder if there will be some good deals in the stores and online after the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks