What's new

Dvd conversion 1080p, is this dvd player good? (1 Viewer)

GarethB

Auditioning
Real Name
Gareth
Hi, the dvd player in question is Samsung Dvd_hd960

Would this dvd player be worth it? It has 1080p conversion which I need and is suprisingly pretty cheap. Someone had recommoned the new Denon 1930ci that hasn't came out yet and is quite a bit more money. Is the Denon superior to that one and should I wait and spend the extra money on it? thanks

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Gareth - best three budget DVD players on the market, under $200 are: Oppo 970, Denon DVD-1730, Oppo 971. All three players are superior to the Sammy, not one of them upconverts to 1080p. Personally I would choose one of the two Oppo models.

GarethB

Auditioning
Real Name
Gareth
thanks Alon Goldberg. I'll probably just wait until the Denon comes out only because I really want 1080p.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
Do you think it would be a good idea to get the Samsung DVD-HD960 if you already have Samsung TV? Sometimes I find that components of the same make work really wel together.

neetones

Auditioning
Real Name
Nitin
So I'm a little confused....do any dvd players currently on the market provide 1080p output to the TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks