What's new

DVD Audio - 5.1 or Stereo (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
I have limited experience with DVD audio discs. I've been buying them for a couple of months now to use in my Denon DVM 3700. I really enjoy the 5.1 DD and the 5.1 DTS sound mix. Are most of you listening to these discs in Enhanced Stereo? My player will not play this format. I'm just curious if most of you prefer the stereo mix to the 5.1 or Surround mix. I actually thought I was getting the most of these discs until I purchased "The Corrs" disc and noticed I was unable to play the enhanced stereo mix or the video. Just curious if I'm missing out on something.

Thanks

Jerry

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I prefer stereo to multi-channel. This is true with both DVD-Audio and SACD. Multi-channel tracks are great for a change of pace, but stereo is where it's at. I posted my views on stereo vs. multi-channel recently here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=40417
In short, I feel stereo allows one to truly appreciate the high resolution offered by SACD and DVD-Audio. Most multi-channel mixes are gimmicky, and it is easy to get caught up in the novelty of these mixes. The novelty says nothing about the sound quality of the formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks