What's new

Dukes Of Hazzard Season 5 at Shopko (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've been having fun watching season 5. It took me a couple of episodes to warm to Coy and Vance, but they aren't bad. I'm still looking forward to the return of Bo and Luke (I think I have one more disc to go until that), but the fill-ins did as well as they could be expected to do. And, as some have said, Best and Booke did a fine job in the meanwhile. Boss has really been cracking me up. It's always fun when he barks and slaps Roscoe's hand when Roscoe goes after some of his food.

BTW, what's the deal with the chicken that's always standing on a pole in the Dukes' yard?

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

He's the Hazzard mascot!!

Anyway, lets hope we get Season 6 & 7 before 2006 is up!!

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching season 5, and I am not thrilled with Coy and Vance - not that they are terrible actors, but that they don't have the same sort of charisma that Bo and Luke have, therefore giving me an inferior product. To me, it seems like Daisy, Boss Hogg and Rosco are carrying a heavier percentage of the acting load, so I'm enjoying seeing their characters coming to the front more, especially Daisy.

I especially dislike the Coy/Vance "Cuz" references. The show creators really blew their chance to separate them from Bo and Luke. Coy and Vance could have been brothers, which would have made more sense if their parents had moved the family away from Hazzard 10-15 years prior to their coming back. If the creators had been willing to exercise a bit more creativity, they should have made the two new Dukes a brother and sister combination, or even better, two sisters who would team to foil Boss Hogg and Rosco. There would be so many different plot lines they could have gone to, in comedic fashion, to have the girls match wits with Boss Hogg. I know some would say "Charlies Angels", so that is why a brother/sister would have worked almost as well.

JeffO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks