What's new

Alice Season 8 Available 10/23/2018 (1 Viewer)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I just saw on the WAC site that the penultimate season of Alice is listed for release next month. While the series was showing its age in those last few years, there are still some good episodes. I think Vic Tayback and Beth Howland were really carrying the show by this point and usually had the best moments in any episode.

For Dukes of Hazzard fans, this is the season with the episode guest starring Sorrell Booke and Sonny Shroyer in their Dukes roles of Boss Hogg and Enos.

Nice to see the release of this long-running series so close to completion.

1000729907_1024x1024.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I just saw on the WAC site that the penultimate season of Alice is listed for release next month. While the series was showing its age in those last few years, there are still some good episodes. I think Vic Tayback and Beth Howland were really carrying the show by this point and usually had the best moments in any episode.

For Dukes of Hazzard fans, this is the season with the episode guest starring Sorrell Booke and Sonny Shroyer in their Dukes roles of Boss Hogg and Enos.

Nice to see the release of this long-running series so close to completion.

1000729907_1024x1024.jpg

Great for Alice fans that they are this close to having all of this 1976-85 CBS comedy!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Pretty cool to hear as I envision the final season for Alice coming out in either January or February 2019. Still awaiting Perfect Strangers Season 6 to come out hopefully by the holidays and then the combined 7-8 to finish the show up by the springtime.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Can anyone confirm if all the seasons bought directly from WBShop are pressed discs?

Do you think seasons 8- 9th final season still might arrive from WBShop as pressed?

I fell behind on buying them.

Last edited:

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Can anyone confirm if all the seasons bought directly from WBShop are pressed discs?

Do you think seasons 8- 9th final season still might arrive from WBShop as pressed?

I fell behind on buying them.

They were available originally as factory pressed. I got on the boat late and got 1-3 as dvdr's, but the rest of the series and Flo I pre-ordered and got pressed. The artwork is screened and the cases are the same between the dvdr and the pressed ones, at least.

These were limited run, so I'd guess you got a 50/50 chance, if that, of at least series 9 still being available as pressed.

Used pressed discs have turned up on Amazon on occasion, but you gotta sift through some exceptionally dodgy listings to find the rare, real deal.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Warner has not put out a box set of any of their MOD releases as far as I know. The best you can get is some eBay sellers offering bundles of these, but it's usually only the first four or five seasons sold together.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah so far WAC has never done a box set for completed TV series and they have a large number of completed series now. I don't think there is any incentive for them to do one. Box sets are usually done after a series is completed to try to sell off excess stock of discs. Since WAC does MOD meaning they press or burn limited quantities to sell as needed so there is no excess stock to sell off.

OneDayAfterAnother

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
If someone sees this......would you happen to know if the DVD quality of season 7, 8, 9 is better than what's on Amazon? I bought the Amazon seasons 7, 8 and 9 that I was missing, but I have the DVD's from seasons 1-6. The Amazon quality is kind of blurry looking. Not horribly blurry, but certainly not as good as the DVD's I have. I can't get over how expensive the seasons are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks