What's new

Dukes Of Hazzard Season 5 at Shopko (1 Viewer)

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Was in Shopko this afternoon and saw Season 5 of Dukes on the shelf with the very nice cover photo of Daisy.

The release date for this is next week so it looks like Shopko jumped the gun on this one.

Anyone else see this/pick it up and have a review?

Curious to see it because I never saw the episode where Bo and Luke come back and say Hi/Bye to Coy and Vance.

Maybe as a rental but I always got a kick out of Roscoe and Boss Hogg and heard this was one of their better seasons.

Maxx

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll be getting it this month--possibly the day it comes out--but I haven't even finished season four yet! :eek: I'm almost done with disc six. . . .

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying this one on the day of release---I love this season. The temporary replacement Dukes are not that bad...at least Coy isn't---he was actually very good in his role (Byron Cherry). Vance, well....

And Boss and Rosco are hillarious here...plus you get Enos and Cletus together in five or so episodes, and see Bo, Luke, Coy and Vance all together when Bo and Luke return.

Can't wait.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I love this show as well but I somebody is getting it for me for xmas so I just have to wait a little longer.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Again, Warner has done another great job here. I have yet to watch the extras, but I notice this season is not doing as hot as the others on Amazon's chart. Guess Coy and Vance did end up slowing down sales a bit?

Do we have to be afraid about Seasons 5 and 6 not getting released?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I would doubt it. If the previous seasons did well, WB will konw the reason this one did not. In fact, looking at the box, they did their level best to hide the fact that Bo and Luke were absent most of the time: no pictures of Coy and Vance on the outside, and a description that sounds like C&V were additions instead of substitutions.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I noticed Coy and Vance are on the spine. I'm sure seasons 6 and 7 will be released.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dang. I guess I only looked at the front and back. I'll probably be getting season 5 after Christmas, so I was only able to look at it at the store.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got this one last Friday and I think its great.

Actually, I have heard Tom Wopat say he thought Christopher Mayer(Vance) had more acting talent than Byron Cherry(Coy)

I love the Scene in the first ep where Boss is singing about Bo and Luke being gone and dancing around Its hilarious

I kinda feel bad for Byron and Chris. They were placed in an impossible situation and just trying to make it. You can't fault them for that Season 6 and 7 can't come fast enough for me

RogerH

Supporting Actor
True for the situation I thought they done a fine job. But Booke and Best really stole the show in season 5.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I bought my copy of season 5 this past week.

I must say... I am pleasantly surprised. I remember hating the Coy and Vance eps when I used to watch the show. but now... I guess now that I am older... I see that they really did a good job. They weren't bad at all... they were just different. And for some reason when I was younger different was just not acceptable.

I only watched 2 episodes so far... but I am really enjoying this set. Was also thrilled at the return of Enos. I forgot he came back this season.

Bring on Seasons 6 ands 7... as well as Enos! :)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah after watchign the whole season they did do a good job. But when Bo & Luke came back the season jumped up a few notches.

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
I'll never forget Boss Hog "And the Winners are..... Bo & Luke Duke???" Probably one of my favorite episodes all time!

Where is season 6???

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
According to this website, Hazzard Retreat , Sonny Shroyer and Ben Jones were in Georgia where the first episodes of the "Dukes" were taped...filming footage for bonus materials for the Season 6 release. The news bit provided the following information:

"Nearly 2 weeks ago, Ben Jones and Sonny Shroyer were back in the original Hazzard County!!! Both actors spent time in and around the Covington, Georgia area followed by a Warner Bros. film crew filming "bonus" material for 'The Dukes of Hazzard:Season 6' dvd set slated for a late-spring/early-summer '06 release date. My parents talked with both of the actors and said that both guys were in very good spirits and seemed thrilled to be back in the town that first served as Hazzard County."

If this is an early summer release, seems that is a long time between releases for the "Dukes" sets. I was figuring on Season 6 in March or so and then Season 7 mid-summer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm finally down to just one more S4 episode, so I finally bought S5 today! Yay! I can't wait to see Enos again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I had a weird thought when watching the show recently--I'm probably wrong about it--but have we ever seen the General driving around at night? I don't remember seeing it with headlights. It might have happened, but it is a very daytime oriented show for sure. I can recall a handful of night scenes, like Roscoe and Cletus sneaking around the farm at night, and one episode where the Dukes were in a graveyard, but it doesn't seem to be that often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks