What's new

Dual Tempest Arrangement Help (1 Viewer)

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, so I have officially missed my chance at the Stryke HE15.
frown.gif
Well, I still need a subwoofer. I have contemplated the SVS single 20-39 cs, but at $500, I can buy two tempests and build two of the Adire setups listed on the site.
Here are my q's?
P.S.
- I already have a NAD 218THX amp (which will power almost anything), so no worries in the power area.
- Room size is about 2000 cf.
- Box size, preferably smaller than 8 cf per driver.
1. Is the dual tempest design going to be better for a 50/50 setup than the single CS?
2. Is the HE15 available at all anymore, I have heard of the Blueprint(is this the same?)? Where else can I buy a TC sounds driver?
3. What is my best bet right now at either DIY or retail?
As you guys can tell, I am new at this(DIY), but my uncle is a cabinetmaker, so I'll get the woodworking for almost nothing. Any help, advice or anything that you can do for me is greatly appreciated.
------------------
Jim Walter
- my system -
Marantz SR7000
Sansui QRX9001
Klipsch Reference
Rectilinear III(ancient)
Velodyne VA810

Julian Data

Second Unit
Hi Jim!
1. Yes, two Tempest will outdo the SVS CS since one 15" driver's displacement is bigger.
2. From reading John's board (owner of Stryke), he might bring the Stryke HE15 back but at a higher price (Don't kill me if I am wrong). Although, he is also thinking about selling the TC Sound 15" driver that Tom Nousiane uses in his HT, which is a proven performer.
As for the BPD, it's still up in the air until we get some people to show some test results. :)
I hope this helps.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks