What's new

DSL Lite...Has anyone tried it? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I currently have regular DSL from my phone carrier (Bellsouth). Has anyone tried the lower bandwith DSL Lite w/ the lower tiered price of $29.99? I was wondering if this would work w/ XBOX Live or would it be better to stay w/ the top-tiered high-bandwith DSL. I know that more is always better when it comes to bandwith, but for general web surfing, XBOX Live, and the occasional music downloads, can one get by safely on just DSL Lite w/o compromising performance?

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I think that DSL lite is at the very bottom of the requirements for XBOX Live. And that is at optimal performance, which you rarely get.

If Live is a big deal, then you'll most likely need to stick with the full package.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I have regular bellsouth DSL with the 256k upload (as opposed to 128k for DSL Lite) and based on what I have seen, I would not recommend going with the Lite service.

John^^Lee

Grip
The general consensus on broadbandreports (dot com) is that DSL Lite is for those who do not care about internet enough to pay alittle more for unproportionally better service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks