What's new

DS9 & Voyager Season Sets--Mere Speculation??!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I was in a Media Play this afternoon looking at the most recent "Star Trek Communicator" magazine. It had an article about the release of the Star Trek movies on DVD & about the TNG season sets. Mr Blythe was interviewed in this article. A bit of potential bad news was mentioned near the end of this article. Apparently the possible release of DS9 & Voyager season sets is "mere speculation" at this time & that any plans for their release will be evaluated once Paramount is deeper into the release of TNG sets. Now I do not have access to every word that Mr Blythe has posted in this Forum or other forums on this subject. I very much hope that Mr Blythe will comment upon this article & the info it contained & perhaps clarify the status of the release of the DS9 & Voyager season sets. I'm hoping that this Star Trek Communicator article is mistaken.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Eight words:

BUY THE BOX SETS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION!

This wil ensure that Paramount Home Entertainment continues to release more TV products to DVD. Otherwise, every TV product owned by them will end up like Survivor.

And Paramount...

If this continues to be successful, lets see Enterprise in 2005 with the original 1.78:1 framing and enhanced for 16:9.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I certainly intend to buy EVERY TNG season set! I'm a huge Star Trek fan from the very beginning of TOS on TV in 1966.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Jeff, Rutger is right in that future box sets will likely hinge on the success of the TNG boxes. But, there is hope for you: when the season boxes were first announced, I believe Mr. Blythe indicated that Voyager would be the first boxes to be released, presumably because the elements were newer and in better condition. As things progressed, TNG jumped to the head of the pack. I think things went smoother with the restoration/remastering/etc. than was expected.

So, there did seem to be plans in the past. My question is, does each season replace the previous season on the shelves where you shop? My local Best Buy only has second season right now. Surely these aren't limited, right? I want these, but I've been holding off.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, they just only keep 1 of prior season releases in stock
I have it on good authority that DS9 is in production. TNG sales appear to have been QUITE healthy. I just don't think they were going to dive into production until they were positive it would fly
Also, remember this is Paramount, who despite being very open on the forum about what they're NOT doing, has always been pretty closed about what they ARE :)
Not that Mr. Blythe isn't EXTREMELY kind to share

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Err. Hang on Jeff! You make this comment:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...037#post753037
about wanting less TV series released on DVD and then get upset that DS9 and Voyager might not be released?? ;) :D
Personally I hope they release DS9. Seasons 5-7 will definitely be worth buying and I'd like to see what Paramount come up with in the packaging stakes... :D
EDIT: Apologies to Jeff for a crappy cheap shot, as I know entirely where he's coming from. Couldn't resist my facetious side. :b

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I suspect we'll see DS9 next year and Voyager the following. Star Trek product is the most prolific TV product on VHS... No reason to think the same wouldn't be true on DVD.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I could care less about Voyager :)
DS9 I LOVE, it's one of my favorite shows of all time.
speaking of which, the Dominion War begins tonight in DS9s final full run-thru in syndication (it goes to TNN in September)
My local station has been showing the show IN ORDER! And I don't think they're syndication cuts either by my time estimates. I've been REALLY enjoying DS9 5 days a week
taping it at 4AM, aggh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks