What's new

DRACULA /STARHUNTER on DVD (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
In case anyone cares, Platinum just released the entire one season show DRACULA: THE SERIES, which originally aired about 1990-91. Best Buy has both volumes (10-11 shows each disc) for $5.99 each.

The first season of STARHUNTER with Michael Pare was also available, and contains nudity in the first episode so these may be the uncut foreign versions instead of the edited U.S. shows. Also $5.99 each.

At least one disc of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER was there also, with 13 shows on it.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Oh man that's so awesome! I loved Dracula: The Series when I was younger. Any more info on this? Gord? Dave? Now if only we could get that other canadian series "The Little Vampire" on DVD as well we'd be in buisness.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm expecting a bunch of information to come from Platinum fairly soon, so hopefully we can list the titles they've already released.

I actually had to fight to get information from them. 2 phone calls and 3 emails, and now they're sending it. The company doesn't even have a website!

Gord

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Really? Best Buy?

I scoured the online sites and can't find either, but I'll be on both like white on rice! DRACULA makes a 'cute' companion piece to FOREVER KNIGHT.

anyone know if these are available online anywhere?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Dracula Vol 1
List Price: $9.98
Release Date: October 5, 2004
Run Time: 243
Studio: Platinum Disc Corp

Dracula Vol 2
List Price: $9.98
Run Time: 217

Dracula
List Price: $19.98
Run Time: 460
Number of discs: 2
(not sure if this is a set or simply both volumes shrinkwrapped together)

Star Hunter Vol 1
List Price: $6.99
Release Date: August 31, 2004
Run Time: 360

Star Hunter Vol 2
List Price: $6.99
Release Date: August 31, 2004
Run Time: 315

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Very quick overview of these...

indeed found them at Best Buy (in the 'bargin' rack up front).

Dracula: The Series

v1 - 10 episodes
v2 - 11 episodes

23 mintue episodes, dual layer discs. This is the entire series.

Starhunter

v1 - 8 episodes
v2 - 7 episodes

45 minute episodes, dual layer discs

this is NOT the entire series...

V.1 -

1. The Divinity Cluster
7. Frozen
5. The Man Who Sold the World
10. Cell Game
11. Black Light
9. Order
4. Siren's Song
2. Trust

V.2 -

8. Past Lives
3. Family Values
6. Peer Pressure
12. Goodbye, So Long
13. The Most Wanted Man
14. Half Dense Players
15. Dark and Stormy Night

the numbers are the broadcast order. looks like they went by production order.

THERE BETTER BE a vol.3 coming.... just enough left to fill another disc..

16. Super Max
17. A Twist in Time (part 1)
18. Eat Sin (part 2)
19. Bad Girls
20. Bad Seed (part 1)
21. Travis (part 2)
22. Resurrection (part 3)

I'll comment on PQ tomorrow..

(sorry David... only one of each, but they're two more BB's in town I'll check this w/e)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I wanted to check out Dracula the series (because Geraint Wyn Davies is in it- Forever Knight fan here) and the Starhunter DVDs look cool too (I wonder if any of these discs would be at Walmart even though I haven't stepped into the local Walmart for months and wouldn't be able to until next week maybe (since it is in a very traffic congested area of town) and I have to scramble for another way for some extra cash since an article I was working on was pushed back), but I'm waiting for Starhunter 2300 (I haven't seen most of season 2 since the local TV station that aired season 1 quit showing SH after episode 3 of season 2). Rick P, if you find any of those DVDs, PM me or email me.

(P.S. I'll be glad when this week is over due to the Full Moon. This has been one weird week).

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I watched the first STARHUNTER last night. PQ is OK, but compression artifacts were terrible! I wasn't very impressed with the episode, as it was dull as dirt, but for $5.99 I'm not complaining.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Dracula the Series for $11.98. Ooh, yes please! :emoji_thumbsup: That will have to be the cheapest I've ever paid for the complete season of a TV show.

Geraint Wyn Davies was brilliant as Klaus and I'll never forget the episode
He's only in like 5 episodes but he does make quite the impression. It was this series and the guest ep he did on Highlander that really made me take notice of him when he popped up on Forever Knight.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I picked up both volumes today. Lucky that I got there when I did as my BB had 5 copies of Volume 1 and only 1 copy of Volume 2. They are being shelved not in TV but in the $5.99 DVD section alphabettically.

The picture quality (so far, I've only watched about 10 minutes of the pilot) is pretty close to what you'd find in a typical digital cable broadcast. The pictue is a little soft and my only nitpick is that the picture suffers from digital artifacts in scenes with fog, mist, vampire vision, etc. It's not terrible, but for $11.98 for the complete series you won't be hearing me complain. :emoji_thumbsup:

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I tried looking around for either of them today, and they were nowhere to be seen. I guess you can only find it at Best Buy or order it through Amazon. Rick P, keep looking.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Picked up Dracula vol.1 and 2 today, first time I ever saw anything about this series. Figured $12 for 21 episodes of vampires for my wife was worth it. :)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Is this available in Canada? I don't think it is. I'm been having a devil of a time trying to find Eerie Indiana, Unsolved Mysteries and this. Also I was wondering for the people who did get can you scan some cover art just to see what it looks like?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks