What's new

down firing or front firing subs for cement floors (1 Viewer)

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on building my first sub and was wondering if it was better to build a down firing or front firing when it will be placed on a cement floor covered with berber carpet.
Driver adire shiva 12" and their ava 250 plate amp with the 54 liter sub box...
thanks in advance.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Concrete floors and walls help in reinforcing low frequencies however due to their omni-directional nature I don't think it matters which direction the sub fires in. The only advantage to down-firing subs that I'm aware of is aesthetics.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Hey Dean are you building that sub for me? Just kidding. I had Brian build me a Shiva sub with a 250 watt plate amp. I also have a cement floor and berber carpet. It sounds great by the way. I'll e-mail him to see if mine is 54 litres. I think I need to move it around a little though to see if it sounds different.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Marantz 7300. If you would like to see the speakers I have other than the sub check out Link Removed I have the T-1 towers the C-1 center and use micros for rears. The micros are smaller than they look on the site and the towers are more narrow. I love them My sub also come from rutledge but it's a different one than the one's on there. Let me know if I can help you any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks