What's new

Domain registration (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Anybody have any recomendations/horror stories to tell about internet domain registration? Site like Register.com charge $35 per year for a .com address, while others charge less than $10.

Since my nameservers will likely be elsewhere, does it matter which company I register with?

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Do NOT register with Verisign, I repeat, do NOT register with Verisign. Reasons:

1. Zero customer support, registered a .name domain with them, but I can never receive mail, it's been 9 months since I first file my non working report (and verified by them), but nothing. I have email and talked to their support numerous times, but apparently there's nothing they can do (other than "it has been escalated to engineering", it's been there for 8 months). I have even contacted ICANN, and they have also verified that it is a problem with the registrar, it looks like my domain will be expired before it ever even works.

2. Security, I laughed whenever I see sites that show the Verisign logo to indicate how secure they are. When I logged in my account at Verisign, unlike any even semi respectible e-commerce sites, they display everything, password, credit card number in detail, none of the ***** stuff. To get support, you have to give them the password and then they just sit on it for months and months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks