What's new

domain name registration and cheap hosting (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Title says it all. I'm "el cheapo" as many know so...any of u guys have suggestions on where to get these at the lowest price?

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
namecheap.com and godaddy.com for hosting...and there are LOTS of hosting options, including me. :D

Depending on your budget, check out webshostingtalk.com and see what people are offering.

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
I've used 100megswebhosting.com for a long time now. I LOVE them. $5 a month for 10 megs. $13 to register a domain name. Full control panel access to change anything you could possibly want. PHP, Mysql, etc. The works.

Did I mention for $5 more a month you can up it to 100 megs?

David Baranyi

Stunt Coordinator
Future Point is a good candidate for cheap hosting:

Description: - 150 MB of Space
- 10 GB Bandwidth
- 100 E-Mail Accounts
- 100 FTP Accounts
- 3 Domain Pointers
- 5 Sub-Domains
- 3 MySQL Databases
- Plus all standard features

Pay $62.91 yearly and receive three free months! Setup fee is $10. Future Point will register the domain name of your choice for free.

If you want to register your domain name through an ICANN-accredited registar, I suggest DomainSite.com.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
(dredging up old thread...)

I'm having some frustrations with my current hosting provider, ServerCentral.net and may need to switch. Any new suggestions for web hosting providers? A quick glance puts Future Point at the top of my list.

My desires are:
- Free Domain Name registration and easy transferral
- Free subdomain creation and hosting (minimum 4)
- PHP, MySQL
- 30 MB storage
- unlimited email forwarding for domain and sub-domains
- < $10 / mo.

Thanks!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
www.1and1.com

FREE 500MB for 3 years, smucho extras, 4 days left. I've been using it for a month and glad I found it!

note: NOT user-friendly. You should have some experience in web-hosting.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Scott - very interesting. I'm reading their promo literature right now and it's quite enticing. Though the "if it's too good to be true..." part of me is acting up :) Must consider further.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I use No Monthly Fees . After an initial set-up fee of $200 (I got mine during a $99 special), you pay $70 a year. This includes domain registration, etc.

They advertise 600MB of webspace, but both accounts I maintain show unlimited space in the online control panel. I also have 999 email accounts per domain, plus subdomain hosting. The on-line control panel is awesome.

Jim J

Second Unit
I use namesecure for registration.

Then I found http://www.dmihosting.com/ as host since cablevision doesn't offer any space...

DMI was down for me a little bit a couple of weeks ago. They said they suffered as DOS attack (I think Denial of Service, not Disk operating system!)

Other than that, everything has been great. Not too complicated to set-up and use. Oh yeah, I got the beginer plan. Be wary, they include all Unix files, etc in your space allotment, also e-mail in traffic.

Good Luck

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Webhost4Life has the cheapest plan that I've seen that offers ASP.NET ($10 per month). I haven't signed up yet, as I'm still looking, but they are the front runner so far.

Plus I need to think of a catchy domain name. :)

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks