What's new

Dog walking question. (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Do you consider it rude if someone is walking their dog and he/she (the dog not the person) piddles in your lawn or on your shrubs?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Of course not. Anybody who would get offended over that has taken the art of being politically correct way too far. That's a half step away from calling for a leash law for birds to help regulate where they poop :)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Piddling doesn't bother me. Pooping doesn't bother me either UNLESS the people don't pick up after their dog. Now that bothers me. I always bring a baggie with me when I walk our dog. Its only curtious.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
No, unless your dog has that uber-acidic pee that kills anything it comes into contact with. One of my mother-in-law's dogs (English Retreiver) is like that. Yellow dead spot within 5 days of him peeing anywhere.

Are people REALLY getting this uptight? That was a rhetorical question...;)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
one of my dogs is like that, her pee is particularly bad on my grass for some reason.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
female dogs are the ones with very bad pee. How can you know? Would that be a legitimate reason for people to get bent out of shape about dogs peeing in their lawn?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
some people are anal about it, the grass will grow back...

Females as a rule are worse, my female is like 3 times worse than most. Not sure why but I have a dead spot about 8' in diameter thanks to her.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
It's the whole - I'm taking my dog for a walk - bit, that can be annoying.

If you and your dog pass by and the dog pisses on my lawn, I have to think, would the owner of the dog be ok with me taking my dog over to his lawn to piss on it?

If that is true, then why do you have to take your dog for a walk, why can't the dog just pee where he/she lives?

You might like the brown spots on your lawn but if I spent a small fortune on my lawn do you think I'd be happy getting a brown spot on it?

Glenn

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I don't take my dog for a walk so that he can pee. I take him for a walk, so that he can... go for a walk. He likes to walk. I like to walk. It's good (and sometimes, the only) exercise for animals that live in homes with small yards.

And, no, I don't have a problem with dogs that pee on my yard. Not even my MIL's "killer" (it's a male dog, BTW).

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Until last night I would have never thought it would be possible for a dog owner to mind when another dog pees on their lawn or bush during a walk.

Denward

Supporting Actor
If you're walking your dog past my house, I don't care if your dog pees on my property as long as you don't let the dog pee in same spot repeatedly. That will kill grass, plants, etc. I live near a park so a lot of people walk their dogs down my street and into the park.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's a matter of the dog peeing that I mind, so much as it is the owners who think I should somehow be "ok" with their dog peeing on my property.

If you think about it, it's a pretty digusting thing. I mean, I don't even like to walk on peoples lawns when I walk around my neighborhood (meaning, if I am walking with someone, I'll walk behind them to avoid the grass), so it would kind of irk me to see someone allowing their animal to urinate on my property.

I understand that the dog doesn't know any better, but as long as the owner does what he/she can to avoid it, then I don't mind. Just realize that not everyone is "ok" with your animal urinating on their property. It's not a matter of being anal or politcally correct, it's a matter of being a "considerate neighbor".Yeah, that would be QUITE inconsiderate and worth a "talking to".

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
How about rabbits, foxes, cats, deer, squirrels, groundhogs, opposums, other common suburban animals?

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I don't allow my two dogs to let fly on others' lawns. We have enough common areas (parks, pathways, etc.) where they can do their business while walking so they really don't need to be defacing folks' lawns with their grass-killing whizz.

And by "don't allow" I mean they're trained to go where it's acceptable. It's not like I yank them by the scruff if they really have to go, I just don't want them to make a habit of it.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Maybe this should be another thread and I don't mean to hijack but it reminded me of something.
I have a 3 car garage. I keep all 3 of my cars in it so my driveway is always open. WTF is with parents letting their kids ride their bikes and crap into my driveway? I was always told not to go other peoples property without permission.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit

If I saw someone walking any of those I'd let them do whatever they wanted since they're most likeley batshit crazy. Just kidding.
I don't have a problem with dogs going on my lawn. I do think it's kind of gross to see dogs pissing in the park and then seeing someone lying in it or having a picnic on top of it a few minutes later.
No, in Cleveland homeless people urine is the real problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks