What's new
World Wide Stereo

Does Winisd warn when Xmax will be exceeded? (1 Viewer)

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all

I am presently using Winisd to model the Titanic MkII in a sealed enclosure with a Q of around 0.7. The Titanic MkII white paper indicates that a sealed box with a Q of 0.6 will exceed X max at 400 wrms of drive. When I set up Winisd with a Q of 0.6 and 400 wrms of drive, it does not warn that X max will be exceeded. Am I missing something here or does Winisd not warn when X max will be exceeded?
Regards,
TCIII

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
Well it depends on the frequency being played. At 150hz, it would probably take thousands of watts to exceed xmax in your enclosure. However, at 10hz, the driver would probably be toasted with 400 watts.

Dennis XYZ

Stunt Coordinator
Download the alpha of WinISD pro. It will tell you everything you need to know about excursion, etc. It isn't completely stable on my computer but it does offer all kinds of nifty graphs that aren't in the earlier one.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
I doesnt really warn you, you have to see by yourself. Do you use the Alpha PRO version? If not, use it, the normal version should never be used...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks