Does Winisd warn when Xmax will be exceeded?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Thomas J. Coyle III, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Thomas J. Coyle III

Thomas J. Coyle III Stunt Coordinator

Hi all

I am presently using Winisd to model the Titanic MkII in a sealed enclosure with a Q of around 0.7. The Titanic MkII white paper indicates that a sealed box with a Q of 0.6 will exceed X max at 400 wrms of drive. When I set up Winisd with a Q of 0.6 and 400 wrms of drive, it does not warn that X max will be exceeded. Am I missing something here or does Winisd not warn when X max will be exceeded?
    Regards,
    TCIII

2. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Stunt Coordinator

Well it depends on the frequency being played. At 150hz, it would probably take thousands of watts to exceed xmax in your enclosure. However, at 10hz, the driver would probably be toasted with 400 watts.

3. Dennis XYZ

Dennis XYZ Stunt Coordinator

Download the alpha of WinISD pro. It will tell you everything you need to know about excursion, etc. It isn't completely stable on my computer but it does offer all kinds of nifty graphs that aren't in the earlier one.

4. ClaudeL

ClaudeL Stunt Coordinator

I doesnt really warn you, you have to see by yourself. Do you use the Alpha PRO version? If not, use it, the normal version should never be used...