What's new

Does this exist: Heat Shrink Y Tubing? (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Does a heat shrink product exist to terminate as a Y-end, specifically for speaker cables? Idea is a 1/2" tube that merges into two 1/4" tubes (2:1 ratio so finished would be 1/4" and 1/8"). You could trim to taste, with the larger section going over the main cable with the positive and negative wires slipping through the separate 1/2" sections. Would make for a very clean custom termination.

ADDENDUM: I found a 6:1 style here:

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index...ROD&ProdID=717

They also have 4:1 and 3:1. Have left an e-mail re: 2:1.

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Boot

I know I've seen these elsewhere without the Monster mark. Don't remember where though.

-Dave

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jay:

I know have bought a lot from Cable Organizer. Did you send them an email to see if they have something like this?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Actually no. Just looked at what they had online and no similar product. The boot that Dave referenced above will be great so I ordered a few. It's not heat shrink but I'll add some around the main collar to secure it.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Jay,

I've seen this product somewhere in North America but I can't recall where.

I use RS Components for buying Electronics products while in Europe and Asia - you could try googling Tyco Electronics (a division of Raychem) as they have multi-leg heat shrink/cable sleeving. This particular one is adhesive lined and expensive (about 15 bucks a pop), but I know you can get Y legged heat shrink 'somewhere'.

The Tyco part is T3-9FR-CS2065
The RS part number is 219-6579 at http://rswww.com
their search engine won't let me direct link but you can plug in their RS number and have a look.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Dave! You rule! I received the boots from Parts Express (great service, by the way) and installed them this evening. They look awesome, very professional finish. Much better then just random heat shrink. I'll post pictures later but a great solution for those who are interested in creating a really clean custom speaker cable. Looking in the catalogue they included there is also a 1:4 boot available if you're interested in bi-wiring.

Might be an old thread but I came accross this while searching for heat-shrink cable Y peices for a jetski project of mine and figured I'd post the following link to some parts that are available for those looking for this method as opposed to the shi**y cable pants, here ya go, molded heat shrink able y peices. $$$ but nice peices.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2196579#header

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks