What's new

Does the new SVS driver ship with the end cap? (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I think I remember reading that an SVS new driver beta tester (RAF?) had mentioned that the driver comes with a black protective end cap that prevents over excursion of the cone during shipping. He installed it with the cap; after which Ron mentioned it should be removed prior to installation.
I think I also remember a note that the driver would be shipped with the cap off. I got mine yesterday, installed it without checking for the cap. I tried shining a flashlight down the port of my 25-31PC to see, but I can't tell if the black cap is on or it's just dark at the center of the speaker's spider.
Ron or Tom...can you help? Is the cap there or not? I guess I could always take it back out to check but can't hurt to ask :)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Jeff;
If you shine a flashlight down the tube port, the top of the driver should appear shiny and silver, not black. I can see the shiny surface on my 16-46PC, so you shoudl be able to see it on your 25-31 model.
The best thing to do would be to take apart the sub again and double check. It's the only way to know for certain.
And by the way, that was me who didn't remove the endcap before installation. :)

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator
Mine was shipped without the endcap. You can easily tell if it has the endcap with the flashlight test that Mr. Forner mentioned

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeff,

Since we realized (like most good, red-blooded, HT enthusiasts) most of you don't read instructions or manuals (guilty, sometimes, myself) we just took each of those caps off before inspecting each driver and packing it.

Hope the driver is working out?

Ron

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

I got my driver today. Very nice indeed. Even the wife noticed the difference! She stated that it "sounded a little cleaner" (She is actually learning...I may have to keep her!). Nice upgrade!

PS What is the procedure for returning the driver? Email customer support?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks