What's new

Does something like this exist?? (1 Viewer)

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
I doubt there is anything like this available, as all the googling in the world has turned up nothing for me, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a website or websites that showed full screen vs. widescreen comparisons for a number of different movies?

I know there are plenty of sites out there that give a breakdown of the difference between fullscreen and widescreen, and show a few screenshots from popular movies that illustrate what would be missing in the fullscreen release. What I'm looking for is a site where you can select different titles and it will show a couple comparisons for that particular movie.

The reason I ask is, although the comparisons that are out there can be very effective in explaining the benefits of OAR, I find that a lot of people will understand, but just won't care. For example, I have a friend that always buys fullscreen. I've shown him examples from some of the sites, but most of them compare movies he's never seen, or could care less about. He seems to understand, just not care. So, I went looking for examples from a movie that I know he loves, and came across a few comparisons from LOTR:TTT. After showing him what he's been missing in the fullscreen releases, he's soundly converted, and now always goes for the OAR version of the films he buys. It seemed it just took showing him something that he actually cared about to get the point across.

So, does anyone know of any sites where you can basically, for example, click on 'L', it takes you to a listing of movies, and you select 'Lord of the Rings' to see examples from that movie. Obviously there will be a ton of films not there, but I'm just looking for somewhere that has a bit wider of selection for comparison shots.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
There are sites that have several examples to choose from. I happen to have a list of sites at my site. Click on the following link, and scroll all the way to the bottom, where it has a list of Widescreen vs. Full Screen comparison screen shots. Several of the links on that list have multiple screen shot comparisons.

http://www.widescreenadvocate.org/whatis.html

John also has some examples on his site that I don't have. But I do link to his list, so there ya go.

http://www.widescreen.org/examples.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks