1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

does Sharp make good TVs?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by david*mt, Apr 11, 2003.

1. david*mt

david*mt Second Unit

I am looking at this TV for my dorm room. Looks like it would be good for DVDs with the vertical compression. What does everyone think?

Sharp

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Sharp makes very reliable sets at very good prices. PQ is also very good for the price. These are not to be confused with cheapo junk like Apex and Advent.

Sharp is a long-time Japanese manufacturer with a good reputation for long-lived products with good features and performance at very reasonable prices.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Try doing a search on this forum for it because if I remember right, someone had gotten this set & there were posts about some kind of a problem with "ALL" Sharp flat tube tv's but I can't remember what it was.

4. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I hear ya Bill, it seems like all the flat screens have some problem with them , but I still like the way they look compared to the old tubes.I'd still give the Sharp units a thumbs up for David.

5. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

I've had a 32' Sharp in my bedroom for about a year...great TV's for the price...