What's new

Does Rotel match good with Klipsch? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Do you think the Rotel RMB-1075 will be a good match for the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers?

What concerns me is its damping factor is very low, it's 180.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Dont worry about its damping factor. Its a very competent amp and matches well with Klipsch. Any damping factor over about 100 is good IMO as most amps with much higher damping factors would drop down to that range when you factor in the speaker cable impedance into the mix. If speaker cables had zero impedance then yes you would be able to hear a remarkable difference between and amp of DF 180 and an amp of DF 1000. But in the real world with real cable impedances you will be hard pressed to hear differences between these two amps.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Thanks.

Which would you choose for the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers?

Rotel RSX-1065
Marantz SR8200
Marantz SR7300
Denon AVR-4802
Denon AVR-3803
Rotel RMB-1075 + Rotel RSP-1066

Yogi

Screenwriter
The best choice of course would be the Rotel separates setup. The receivers should all blend well with Klipsch. They are all very musical warm receivers and so Klipsch should be a good match to them.

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
I have Klipsch Synergy speakers and have demo'd both the Marantz SR7200 and the Denon 3802. I found the Marantz/Klipsch combo to be the better match to my ears. Denon was not as pleasing to listen to. I bought the SR7200.

When in doubt, demo.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Harris,
I have the 1066/1075 combo with Klipsch Reference (I use RC7 for all three fronts). I have tried so many receiver's over the last 15 months and finally settled on the Rotel combo. The sound is top notch for it's price range. Excellent for movies and music. Mine is extremely quiet and i hear very litlle (if any) noise when i have it cranked. I am extremely pleased (finally) with my HT setup(for now:)).

Good Luck,
Dalton

Mark All

Second Unit
Hi Harris,
You may want to do a search for "damping factor" here if you haven't already. I remember there being some pretty good discussions in the past, with the conclusions tending to lean towards a belief that overall amplifier design is more important and damping factor is only one thing to consider.

I think any of the choices above would be good. The Klipsch speakers are extraordinarily efficient. I'm using a RMB-1075 with a Denon 3803 as a pre-pro. My mains are Polk RTi150s, which can take up to 500 watts/channel. The Rotel amp pushes them with ease (it meets THX Ultra standards) and the speakers are quite power hungry.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
ever wonder how come nobody seems to make an issue of the crappy DF's that tubes typically have?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Whether you go with Rotel or you decide for whatever reason to mix/match something else, the nice thing about separates is the flexibility they'll give you down the road with the potential to build larger, more complex systems as your needs change and evolve. I take it you've heard the Klipsh and if it's only been in a store, that you've taken the time to ponder the differences between the store's listening environment and your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks