Does N64 S-Video cable work for Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Carlo Medina, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

T-minus 2 hours before we crack open our Gamecube (I'm still at work). I had a question: I have the official Nintendo S-Video cable for the N64 (which I've owned for 2-3 years) and I was wondering if that would work with the Cube?

I thought I remembered hearing that Nintendo didn't change the output between consoles, but I couldn't remember if it was between the SNES and the N64 or if it was from the N64 to the Cube.

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Sure will Carlo. It will also work with the SNES as well.[​IMG]

3. Carlo Medina

Thanks Romier! I am enjoying my second day of Cubeness. Quite cool, and all I'm playing is Kart. Party 5 and Super Monkey Ball are awaiting when the girlfriend gets back in a couple of days (as those aren't very fun single-player games).

I'm trying to decide what Cube game to buy next (although I should get back to Crimson Skies on my XBox)...

4. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

You might want to check out Viewtiful Joe. Very highly recommened [​IMG]

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

And Super Monkey Ball's single player game is actually addictively fun (better even than the mini-games, although later it is also maddeningly frustrating/challenging). And you need to play it to unlock most of the minigames!

6. Carlo Medina

Thanks for the heads-up Dave, re: Super Monkey Ball. My girlfriend just likes the mini-games aspect and won't play "just vs. the computer" so it looks like I'll have to break it open now and start unlocking the mini-games since I know she won't do it when she gets back...