What's new

Does N64 S-Video cable work for Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
T-minus 2 hours before we crack open our Gamecube (I'm still at work). I had a question: I have the official Nintendo S-Video cable for the N64 (which I've owned for 2-3 years) and I was wondering if that would work with the Cube?

I thought I remembered hearing that Nintendo didn't change the output between consoles, but I couldn't remember if it was between the SNES and the N64 or if it was from the N64 to the Cube.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Romier! I am enjoying my second day of Cubeness. Quite cool, and all I'm playing is Kart. Party 5 and Super Monkey Ball are awaiting when the girlfriend gets back in a couple of days (as those aren't very fun single-player games).

I'm trying to decide what Cube game to buy next (although I should get back to Crimson Skies on my XBox)...

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
And Super Monkey Ball's single player game is actually addictively fun (better even than the mini-games, although later it is also maddeningly frustrating/challenging). And you need to play it to unlock most of the minigames!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up Dave, re: Super Monkey Ball. My girlfriend just likes the mini-games aspect and won't play "just vs. the computer" so it looks like I'll have to break it open now and start unlocking the mini-games since I know she won't do it when she gets back...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks