What's new

Directors Do You Unwrap Your New DVDs Right Away??? (1 Viewer)

John_VI

Second Unit
I've gotten into the habit of taking the celo off my newly purchased DVDs immediately. I like the look of unwrapped DVD cases in my display, but I'm starting to rethink that approach.

There have been several occasions when I've purchased (or received as gifts) an original-release DVD, only to really want the SE or CE version a few months later, and I end up buying the SE/CE version before I've even had the chance to watch the original-release version. So I end up dumping the original-release version on eBay, and an unopened DVD will bring a higher price on eBay (and elsewhere) than an opened one.

So my poll question is:

Do you take the cellophane off of your new DVDs immediately, or only when you want to watch it the first time?

Thanks!

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I usually do it as soon as I get home, whether I'm about to watch it or not. However, I do still have three on my shelf that haven't been opened. Not real sure why.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
A bit of both. I have around a dozen thats still wrapped up, but I have around 30 or so movies that I have not watched yet.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I don't unwrap them until I'm going to watch them

Easy to keep track of what I haven't watched and also if some error shows up on the disc or a better edition comes out before I get a chance to watch, I can return it to the store.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I've probably got about 20 wrapped DVDs sitting on the shelves...

:D

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I rarely unwrap them until I'm ready to watch them. The exception would be when I get something by mail order that sounds like a possible rattler -- oftentimes, it's luckily just some kind of cardboard/paper enclosure. I do tend to open box sets right away to look at the packaging, however, like the recent "Antoine Doinel" set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks