What's new

DLS sub question - Pssst ...hey Chu (1 Viewer)

GregAV

Agent
Is the auto on function of your 300-632 functioning? Mine appears to be broken.

When mine arrived today it was set in auto so I cabled her up using the line level RCA inputs and...nothing. The light stayed red - no output. Switching the amp setting to "on" powered up the driver for testing. I later switched the setting to auto and it stayed powered up, np - except the darn thing never powers down in the absence of a low freq signal.

Further exploration found that the sub will not go inactive as long as there is a connection at the line level jacks(even if the receiver is powered down). The only way I found the auto off function to actually do so is to unplug the RCA jacks at the sub and wait 15 min.

Hopefully my sub is just an isolated example. Just emailed Parts Express to see what's to be done.

Greg

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Oh boy, here we go again!:frowning: Hopefully it's just an isolated incident. But if it's not I wouldn't sweat it. Just leave it on all the time. My Crown K2 is capable of delivering 800W per channel into a 4 ohm load or 2500W bridged into a 4 ohm load. I leave it on all the time.

Chu

Auditioning
Hey Greg... you got me all scared and worried so I went to go check on my DLS sub. At first I was like... crap the light is on so it must not be working correctly. Well, I played with the switch going from off to auto and on and to my surprise, the colors change on the LED light. So, I went to the manual and see what was up.. and it says that the sub will always have the light on red regardless if it's off. Now.. when you switch to auto.. the light stays red so that means it's really off. Now you switch to on..then the light turns green. Then I played with it some more set on auto and when I played something.. LED switched to green and when I turned my receiver off... it eventually switched to red. So, I think it's working properly on mine. I hope yours is the same....not sure though but safe to say, mine works perfectly.

Chu

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks