What's new

DIY cable - help, where are the links? (1 Viewer)

JohnA

Stunt Coordinator
I know there are a bunch of very informative DIY cable threads, but can't seem to find them.

Or, Maybe you can offer some advice.

I am looking to rerun all my systems cables, including inwall wiring and would like to make my own cables.

Here is what I need:

-A/V interconnects (component, composite, svideo)including in wall runs
-In wall speaker wire
-RF for Satelite
-IR repeater system (Niles IRP6+ based)
-Network
-Phone

I would like all in wall cables to terminate into finished plates.

Currently have 1000' of RG6 Quadshield and 500' CAT5 I plan on using for the Satelite, phone and network cables

I need specific recomendtions on Component, Svideo, Speaker, and Audio Interconnect cabling. I also need some details on the best way to terminate the inwall cables at the plates (F connectors?) as well as terminate the individual cables going from one component to another.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

-JohnA

Max Baker

Agent

Chris White

Second Unit
My DIY cable page on the UCF server may be gone any day now since I'm not there any longer.

Here's an updated address for my cable page: DIY Cable

And here's a link to my DIY page where you'll find links to other DIY cable pages: DIY Projects

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Chris - good to see your posts.

Your DIY cable page is still one of my favorites. I'm glad you moved it.

Chris White

Second Unit
Thanks Bob. I'm happy to have found a new home for it because lots of folks use that page. It has averaged over 100 hits per day since I first put it up.

I'm really amazed that UCF has kept my webspace active. They turned off my email five minutes after I left town. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks