What's new

Disturbing Movies (What Creeped You OUT?) (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
KIDS. The scariest movie I've ever seen.
A woman I once dated wanted to see The Fly (1986). She threw up. oh well. :rolleyes

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
SLEEPAWAY CAMP - The most disturbing ending in cinematic history. It reveals a real sickness within the people who made this.

After watching THE WICKER MAN for the first time I felt like I'd been run over by a truck.

Mark

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
The DC of the Exorcist

when the girl does the spider walk down the stairs

Pet Cemetery

when the little boy comes back to life, hides under the bed and cuts the back of the ankles of the old man

Jeepers Creepers

when you realize the walls of the lair are lined with bodies

Adrian D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Strange Days when the girl is getting raped and zapped, while having to experience what the guy is feeling. Really freaked me out for a while.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Hannibal! The depiction of what he did to that man is sickening, gross and utterly disturbing. You know what scene I'm talking about. And the scene where he attacked the nurse was just as disturbing.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The Shining

Scares me every time, especially the quick flashes of the kid with the camera right in his face, and he is screaming silently into the camera.

Still love the film though

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I too cast a vote for The Omen. That frigging movie had me worried about Satan and the Anti-Christ for years afterward. It didn't help that my dad believes it all hook, line and sinker.
Oh, and The Exorcist actually made be slightly woozy during the "invasive procedure" Megan gets at the hospital.
Two more noteworthy shockers for me are the "giving birth" scene in Humanoids from the Deep and the vomit scene in I Spit On Your Grave (I think; I may have that movie wrong). Even though I saw these movies only once as a child, I still remember the girl's dialated pupils during her agonizing death in Humanoids as well as the disgusting guts piling out of that guy's mouth in Spit.
I'm all better now, though. Really.

Will K

Screenwriter
Lots of good choices here, but the most disturbing film I've ever seen is In A Glass Cage, a Spanish-made film from 1986, a mortifying drama about a Nazi doctor living in an iron lung and is psychologically tortured by the male nurse he molested as a child. Relentlessly harrowing in its depiction of pedophilia, child murder, and torture, this one is guaranteed to stay with you for years on end. It's hard to find and rightfully so.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
POLL!

Texas Chainsaw still gets to me when I watch it alone, in the dark.

So does Kubrick's The Shining.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Requiem For A Dream
Dancer In The Dark
The Silence Of The Lambs
The Terminator
Hannibal (the most disgusting movie I have ever seen)
John Carpenter's The Thing & Halloween
Most Kevin Spacey movies
The Omen
The Exorcist
Suspiria
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Evil Dead
Dawn Of The Dead
Night Of The Living Dead
Jaws
Re-Animator
I know there's more I just can't think of them. :)

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
When I was a kid, I saw Planet of the Apes. I couldn't sleep for weeks. Something about the human race being dominated by the creepy looking Ape-Men scared the Scheiss outta me.
I went to see Se7en at the theater with a date on halloween night, and we saw another couple afterwards in the parking lot, she was crying, burying her head in his arms. I swore I'd never see it again. I own the DVD now.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Eraserhead is the creepiest, darkest, and most diStuRBinG film ever witnessed by humankind. Nothing else (and I'm one that searches out "creepy" kinda films) even comes close.

As horrific and unsettling as the images are (even worse are the things you don't see but can imagine just around the corner)....what REALLY chills me in Eraserhead is the sounds...wheezing, droning, faint hum, steam and pipe sounds...dogs barking in the distance...and that unworldly organ music.

This film will put spiderwebs in yer mind FOREVER!

Jon

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Hannibal! The depiction of what he did to that man is sickening, gross and utterly disturbing. You know what scene I'm talking about.
You do realize that that scene for the most part is how they do brain surgery. I found it not disturbing at all, but amazingly entertaining. And I dont really understand why this movie disturbs so many people.

The only movie thats ever really scared me was Event Horizon.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Agreed on the ending to Sleepaway Camp. Now THAT'S how to make a disturbing ending out of left field.
I think whoever mentioned I Spit on Your Grave was thinking of the wrong movie, as I don't recall a vomit scene. But, that movie is really is disturbing, regardless.
The 'Bathtub Scene' especially...my eyes never closed for the next 5 minutes afterward.
"Mmmm...it feels so sweet, it hurts..." :eek:
Other than that, the only movies that still get to me when I watch them are:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Suspiria
Night of the Living Dead
Black Christmas
The Changeling

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks