What's new

Disturbed- New Album: Ten Thousand Fists coming Sept 20th!!! Also new single (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Just what we need; thread crapping. If you dont like a topic; or in this case Disturbed, go away. :angry:

Chris-V

Stunt Coordinator
Two full-length tracks (Stricken and Guarded) are now up at musicremedy.com. If you like Disturbed, you'll like them. If you don't, you won't. Pretty much the same sound you'd expect, though a bit more effective at blending the aggressive with the melodic.

The album itself will contain a cover of Genesis' "Land of Confusion." Interested to hear what that sounds like...

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Just finished listening to it. ;) (Working on "Sacred Life" right now; I'm warming up to this album quicker than I did with "Believe")

As for their cover of LOC, if you haven't heard the Genesis version, their (Disturbed) interpretation isn't bad (I still prefer the original). I can see this as a possible single (much like Alien Ant Farm and their cover of "Smooth Criminal").

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I've been a Disturbed fan from their first album. But, guys, I just can't get into these 2 new tunes. They just sound like a horrible rehash to me, no substance there. Almost as if the band realized their creative energy dissipated after the 2nd album but kept going just to make the dough. Sorry, I really wanted to like them. My wife's a big fan too and is in love with the new tunes so I'll be owning the full CD when it's released. Maybe then it will grow on me, I do hope.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I'll admit that there is a formulaic quality to their first single "Stricken". It may have to do with David Draiman's vocals and delivery, which is unmistakable, though limited in range. I suppose in many ways, Disturbed isn't that much different than other hard rock outfits (Godsmack comes to mind), i.e. they have a sound that makes them readily identifiable, but familiarity can be contemptible to some listeners' ears.

Having listened to the entire album, it's pretty much what I've come to expect from them. Songs such as '10,000 Fists' and 'Overburdened' do offer a different pace than most of the other tracks. I'm interested in hearing your opinion after you've taken in a full rotation and whether it has changed. I like what I've heard, so I'll be picking up the CD.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I like what I've heard so far. I really loved their first album but kind of lost interest when their second came out. This sounds a bit more like the first one to me. I'll be picking it up for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks