What's new

Disney Treasures Screenshots! (1 Viewer)

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Mine arrived from amazon today, and all four were in great shape. There's one minor ding on one tin, but it's the type these tins get if you look at them funny. And for me, the first disc in the Donald set was in place, and didn't feel as if the disc was held down any less firmly than the other discs. Haven't had a chance to play any of them yet, so don't know about the lock up problems a couple people have reported.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I received all 4 DVDs from Future Shop this week and the tins were in excellent shape.

However, On the Front lines and the Donald Duck, both had the disc 1 loose and rattling on the package.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
LorenzoL: Sorry for getting back late, but yes, *usually* amazon.ca is cheaper when you pre-order, sometimes substantially so, but 4 discs (incl. 2 WDT) I got in the last month were cheaper on/after release day; they always credit the diff if you ask. FS OTOH is almost always cheaper on the Thursday after release day, why I don't pre-order from them or go there on Tuesdays anymore, WDT being a special case for me.

The tins I got from amazon were absolutely perfect, 2 of the ones I got from FS had minor dings...luck of the draw I guess, it's pretty apparent they were slightly dinged before shrink-wrapping, not because of shipping. I guess I don't care that much, just noticing it, it's not like these were expensive or will ever be rare, but nice to get them in perfect condition, like anything else new.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Thanks CraigF.

I'm sorry to hear about the condition of your FS tins since mine came unblemished.
Speaking of FS, I will go and talk to them in regards to their prices for the WDT being cheaper now than the presell and see if they can give a credit for them. It's really a small amount but I'm doing it for the principle since it defeats the whole purpose a preordering an item.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
What's the number of your tins if you don't mind me asking?

Mine were the following:

On the Front Lines: 12,465
Mickey Mouse in Color Part II: 174, 207 (Whoo hoo)
Chronological Donald: 8,014
Tomorrow Land: 9,561

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
LorenzoL: I haven't opened mine yet, was deciding whether to return the spares, and which ones exactly (the ones in the "worst" condition, or the most expensive, or the easiest) or offer to somebody without at cost. There seems to be no shortage of tins, so after I have returned the spares today, and perhaps even exchanged DD for one without a ding (may as well if I can!) I'll open them and let you know the S/N. [I did not know for sure, but you can return/exchange online FS purchases in the store, though you can't yet pick up an online order there. May as well get the price reduction while I'm at it...yes, I'm a cheap bastard!]

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone checked the dates of the VOB files on these disks? I don't have one of them here with me to do this myself, but I'd be curious to know if they were remanfactured after the aborted release from Nov last year.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Since people are posting numbers:

Front Lines: 181,463 of 250,000
Donald: 20,960 of 165,000
Mickey: 59,922 of 175,000

Waiting for Tomorrowland to arrive.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo

CraigF, yes you can return/exchange/do a price difference for an advertised item through the store. I went to the store on Saturday and they did a price difference for my WDT order.

P.S. I'm also a cheap bastard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks