Disney Treasures Screenshots!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulP, Apr 9, 2004.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

2. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    It was exciting to see these on UltimateDisney.com, that's for sure.

3. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Thanks for the links! Looking at the menu screen from On The Front Lines it appears as though they left in the Roy Disney interview.

[​IMG]

I would have bet good money that it would have been pulled. Any idea if this is still a number set like the previous releases (aka has numbered tins)?
    Chris S.

4. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Yes, Chris, still numbered, so get them as soon as they're out. Mine have been on preorder since August!

5. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    Mine too Paul, I can't wait to get these!

I hope this means that screeners have gone out and we can look forward to four (hopefully for all, though I'd settle for Front Lines and Donald) awesome reviews from David Boulet!

6. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

They have a PLAY ALL feature. Yay!

7. Kelly Grannell

Kelly Grannell Second Unit

when will these be released?

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    May 18.

9. guille verdun

guille verdun Stunt Coordinator

I have to asume that this titles will go ''sold out'' in matters of days on every shopping site... i'm i wrong? (preordered since november and mad as hell to have missed the other releases! [​IMG]

Can anyone provide places to find the previous releases? I know Ebay, amazon used vendors (all selling at double of the original prices).

10. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Try Costco (retail or online). I believe they offered both Waves 1 and 2 without tins in a boxed set for around $120, if I'm remembering right. Quite a deal.

Edit: Oops, just noticed you're in Paraguay... Sorry. Maybe Costco.com sends international?

11. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

anyone ordred with amazon?
    do you think when we ordered last year that our orders are still good? i'd hate to come to that day and my order was 'lost' or something because of the push back.
    i ordered oct 1 and still shows a ship date of dec 8, 2003

12. Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget Supporting Actor

About the earlier sets: Is that "Costco deal" still available? It would somewhat surprise me - I think we've heard about it for quite a long time now and I understand there were only some 10-11.000 copies made, apparently from sets with damaged tins.

I ordered the upcoming Treasures from amazon.com in September and according to my account info my orders are still being processed. So I expect that I will get my copies in May.

13. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

"anyone ordred with amazon? do you think when we ordered last year that our orders are still good? i'd hate to come to that day and my order was 'lost' or something because of the push back."

Amazon.com Support has assured me that unless you cancelled your original order, that original order will indeed be filled and Wave 3 will ship on the new release date. So hang tough, pardner. I'm in the same boat you are.

14. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Yeah mine were placed pretty much as soon as they appeared for preorder, back in August 2003 I think... And the shipping estimate is still listed as December 2003.

15. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

Just found out I may be reviewing these soon for a major website, might have the sets by this weekend if this comes together.

16. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Ernest, I hope it comes together then, because I'd very much want to hear your thoughts on them, and historical background I'm sure you could provide. Keep us informed as to whether or not this happens.

17. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

I'd have to post a link to the reviews once they are up, otherwise that would be a slap in the face to the people who have asked me to write for them.

Just in general, though, I can tell you without seeing the sets that this is easily the strongest "Wave" of Disney Treasures yet. Of the four, obviously, Disney on the Front Lines has the most "juice"...it contains the long-unseen Victory Through Air Power, as well as short cartoons that are rarely, if ever seen, like the now-legendary Education for Death and Der Fuehrer's Face.

On the other hand, I think that the Tomorrowland set is going to be ignored by many in the rush to get the War shorts and the Mickey and Donald anthologies, and I think this is a mistake. Just on the basis of the Ward Kimball space films alone, the "Tomorrowland" set should not be missed. Kimball's Emmy-winning films on the possibilities of space travel and extra-terrestrial life are hugely entertaining.

18. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

not being a Disney fan, this is the only set i'm interested in.
    i love seeing 50's era conceptions of space travel.

19. Ben_@

[email protected] Stunt Coordinator

yeah, thats the one that piqued my interest. I saw a segment from Kimball's cartoon of life on Mars, here on campus and it really blew me away.

Since these are numbered, about how many are going to be released?

20. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

That's part of the charm of the Ward Kimball shorts -- seeing how a 1955 animation crew imagined space travel and life on other planets. Wonderful work. Mars and Beyond is the masterpiece of the collection. It contains a spoof of "Mars Needs Women" that would have made Chuck Jones proud. It is one of the funniest shorts the Disney crew ever made.

Just speaking personally, I'm most excited by "Disney on the Front Lines" and "Tomorrowland". "Mickey Vol. II" and "Donald Vol. I" are indispensible, of course, but I think many people who blind-buy the "Tomorrowland" set are going to be surprised by how entertaining the Ward Kimball "Space" films are.