What's new

DISNEY - Thank you for the Vault Disney titles. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thank you for preserving these films and presenting them as you have on these DVDs. I don't know what more I could ask for as a collector than what you have given us. If the rest of the films that are released in this line are on par with these ones, I'll be adding all of them to my collection.

This is how DVD should be done!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I loved the Mickey and Silly Symphony tins. I will be getting some of these future releases as well.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Seth,

Mickey and Silly Symphonies were released under the "Walt Disney Treasures" brand. But now that you mention it, thanks for both the "Vault Disney" and "Walt Disney Treasures" discs, Disney. You keep making them and I'll keep buying them. These are archival releases done right.

Regards,

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Here, here!

I too have the Mickey and Silly Symphonies Walt Disney Treasures Limited Tins. I love 'em!

Thank-you kindly, Disney, especially for remastering these true treasures and going the distance in those numerous Easter eggs providing us with additional, hidden shorts in their entirety instead of hacked clips.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
I picked up all 4 of the Disney Treasures discs & have 3 of the 4 Vault Disney discs on order (haven't arrived yet). Keep them coming!
I'd especially love to see "Dr Syn: Alias the Scarecrow" released as the original episodes as they did with Davy Crockett.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I love the Swiss Family Robinson disc! Thank you!
Now I just need to get The Parent Trap. :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I don't think I'll be buying Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson, or Old Yeller, but I definately will be getting 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Great packages from what I've read of the reviews...

I'd like to see Vault Disney packages for The Absent Minded Professor, Zorro, and more Disneyland on DVD as well.

Rob T

Screenwriter
A vault Disney collection of Mary Poppins would be great. I know there's already a gold collection of this title, but there's not much on it and it's non-anamorphic. :frowning:

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Thank you Disney for the Vault Titles, I picked up SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON and THE PARENT TRAP. I hope you will release DR. SYN, ALIAS THE SCARECROW, because along with

DAVY CROCKETT and THE SWAMP FOX, it was one of my favorite

telecasts when I was young and watching the many incarnations of THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY. Also, hope

to see ZORRO and THE SWAMP FOX get some releases in the future.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I don't recall ever seeing Pollyanna as a kid, but that is one terrific film. The extras on these four discs are excellent, and the pricing is fabulous. I hope all of Disney's live action films from the '60s and '70s get released, perhaps not as elaborately as these have been, but I'd love to own them all.

Parent Trap is playing tonight.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
A vault Disney collection of Mary Poppins would be great. I know there's already a gold collection of this title, but there's not much on it and it's non-anamorphic.
Rob you read my mind. I would jump for joy if we were to get a 2-disc Vault Disney edition of Mary Poppins, anamorphic, commentary from Julie Andrews and Dike Van Dyke.

It would fit in nicely on the shelf.

-Chad

Wade_W

Auditioning
I'd love to see Freaky Friday get the Vault treatment with an audio commentary with Jodie Foster. It's one of my favorite live-action Disney films (next to Parent Trap & Pollyanna). I'd also like to see Escape To Witch Mountain & Return From Witch Mountain get the Vault treatment.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It would be great if Disney gave the Vault treatment to their Jodie Foster library, one I'd really love is Candleshoe (with David Niven and Helen Hayes) anamorphic with commentary. For films which may not be as popular, make them double features with some supplements common to both.

I really hope people support Disney by buying these releases when they do titles right like this.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll do a "Snow Dogs" vault edition in a few more decades since they messed up the first disc? ;)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Got a chance to pop in Parent Trap tonight and was delighted to find it had the cartoon short attached at the begining just like the theatrical release. I found that to be a very cool little extra. Thanks again Disney.

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Thank You! I only have "Parent Trap" right now, but I do plan on buying the other three very very soon!

Would love to see "The Snowball Express" released.

...and I'll just throw in another "Song of the South" push...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
YES, this is how vintage titles should be transferred to DVD. Thank you Disney.

Saw Parent Trap over the weekend, 1 of the 4 Disney Vault Series released last week. The quality of this transfer IMHO is in the league of North By Northwest, very filmic and resurrects that early 60's Disney quality that has been lost on video. The colors, clarity, depth of field ...just a stellar transfer all around. Just look at Maureen O Hara's mahogany hair color, the lime green outfit she wears, the detail in her green eyes and Hayley's blue eyes.

And introducing a cartoon before the feature! That goes without saying that your restoration/DVD division have their concepts and priorities straight! An obvious appreciation of motion picture history and preserving the golden age.

I suspect that by putting the bonus features on a separate disc that this just adds to the hi-bit that is dedicated to the resolution of the transfer. I hope to continue seeing more of this occurring with other studio's treasures, not just "5-star" treatment for the big box office or top name vintage titles as is usually the case.

Disney did not skimp on anything here, the bonus features but more importantly the transfer. A re-release of Mary Poppins with a transfer of this quality, 2 disc set would be wonderful!

I will be purchasing the other 3 "Vault" releases too!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Must throw in my thanks here...not the biggest Disney fan, but The Parent Trap was always special to me, and the DVD is absolutely first rate!

If anyone ever wanted to see animated menus done right, here they are! Entertaining but not intrusive...

Thanks Disney

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks