What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
To apply that logic then, which I again agree with, to other services - are we assuming that HBO Max will house the entire Warner library and Peacock Universals at all times?
Entire library? Not sure about that but, we can dream! For the content they do have on the service, I would expect it never to leave as long as it is free of outside licensing agreements.

Rotating content has always frustrated users, but that's the price third party streamers pay for not owning the content. Studios launching direct to consumer services bypass this need. It would only frustrate users more because there is no sensible reason to remove content you own. I mean, what would there reason be, just to be mean? It can't be technical because server space is cheap these days comparatively. There is just no logical reason to rotate content IMO. Doesn't mean they may not tr it, companies do illogical things all the time.

That trailer shows widescreen titles cropped. I hope they won't be.
Obviously I haven't watched everything on Disney+ but so far, the stuff I have watched seems to be OAR. I'm talking about movies and yes I've heard about the Simpsons problem. Movies I have checked out seem to correct so far.

The Black Hole even has the Overture (yes I know, not a AR thing but, still exciting)!

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
What these services may do in the short-run (more than effecting Netflix or Prime with their original & other licensed content) is have a big effect on the remaining rental business via VOD and Redbox. And physical media sales.

When Frozen 2 or December's Star Wars movie leaves theaters & makes their way to D+, one could sign up for essentially a single month movie "rental".

I know they will build in a traditional rental window period, but I could see many people just waiting it out and getting D+ for a month, then cancelling. $6.99 month long rental vs. a 2-3 day disc rental, a $25-$30 disc purchase, or a whatever priced VOD rental.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I joined CBS ACCESS just to binge watch ST:DISCOVERY (year 1 and 2). I already have all I want from Disney, but I have it for one week, just enough to watch the new Star Wars TV show for my son.

Maybe someday I'll re-join when they show SONG OF THE SOUTH...I'll be dead by then if they ever do that...if ever.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Ack! Just found my first disappointment with the service: Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin. The first thing you see is a placard "This film has been modified from its original version. It has been edited for content" I wonder how many more movies have this disclaimer? Most of what I've seen so far start with a warning in the upper left corner warning about tobacco smoking or something, but this is the first that I've found to be censored. I guess whatever was in it was so objectionable they felt that they had no choice.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
As thread starter, I'm thinking of changing the title to a more succinct and accurate "Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread)". Any objections?

Or should I leave it alone to not mess up bookmarks and search engines?

@Sam Posten
@Robert Crawford

I think the title is hilarious, but since the launch of this fully operational streaming service was a
sometimes a little bit "maclunkey," I guess I'm ok with a change....

PS And I would love to see Disney+ create new original hand-drawn animated films and shorts. That would be amazing.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I joined CBS ACCESS just to binge watch ST:DISCOVERY (year 1 and 2). I already have all I want from Disney, but I have it for one week, just enough to watch the new Star Wars TV show for my son.

Maybe someday I'll re-join when they show SONG OF THE SOUTH...I'll be dead by then if they ever do that...if ever.

they aren’t going to add Song of the South. It was never released on physical media either

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd change it. It is a streaming service not a force of nature. It has its strengths and weaknesses like any other service.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
giphy (2).gif

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
As thread starter, I'm thinking of changing the title to a more succinct and accurate "Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread)". Any objections?

Or should I leave it alone to not mess up bookmarks and search engines?

@Sam Posten
@Robert Crawford

meeeeh. Boooooring :) but go for it !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks