What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (3 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mark, under the terms of the deal, you only have to be a general member of D23 to get the Disney+ discount of $140.97 for 3 years of service, a savings of $23 per year over the normal current annual rate of $69.99. A general membership to D23 is free. The only real drawback here is having to commit to 3 years of service up front, assuming you're on the fence at all about wanting the service. It is noted that there are no partial refunds if you decide to cancel, so once you sign up for this deal, you are getting 3 years. Membership will then renew annually at the current rate after the 3 years, unless you do cancel. You can check out the details at: https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/ The offer is only good until 9/2, and you have to join by 9/1 to be eligible although I'd recommend joining sooner as it can take up to 36 hours before the offer is available to you once you join.
Oh. I was under the mistaken impression that a $99 D3 membership was required for the discount.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Watched a video on the Disney+ Instagram from the D23 Panels, and I think that it was Bob Iger who appeared in it for a 5 seconds saying that every classic Disney movie from the vault will be available on the service.

I know that this has been speculated before, and take that with a grain of salt, because plans always change, but come November 12 (and it may take some time for everything to appear, because they don't wanna give everything at once) at least we have a confirmation that the service will aim at both new and old fans of the brand.

That's what I was most interested in, the legacy content.

Also, from what I've read, many movies will have Extras, like bonus features from their DVD editions, so I wouldn't be surprised to see all the bonus features available on the DVD and Blu - rays eventually make their way on to the service.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Guess I’m still confused??? Does D23 cost money or not? I thought it was $, making the “savings” on D+ illusory. :huh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Guess I’m still confused??? Does D23 cost money or not? I thought it was $, making the “savings” on D+ illusory. :huh:
Dave,

There are two levels of D23 memberships. The Gold membership costs money while the General membership doesn't cost any.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A General Membership to D23 is free. That membership type will get you the three year discounted price (deal available until 9/2). There is also a Gold Membership, with additional benefits, that costs money.

EDIT: Robert types faster that I can on my phone. :)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Also, from what I've read, many movies will have Extras, like bonus features from their DVD editions, so I wouldn't be surprised to see all the bonus features available on the DVD and Blu - rays eventually make their way on to the service.

I'm excited about the extras as well. I really hope they make the commentary for TFA available on D+. It has never been added to the iTunes version and I refuse to buy the 3D BD when I don't have a 3D TV anymore.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I suspect the Disney plus offer which hit Slick Deals and numerous other blogs yesterday after D23 Convention ended has overwhelmed their site. I've been on and off a few times since last night and it's gotten progressively more sluggish

D23 -- Free Sign up for General Membership. I just used my Disn Movie Rewards information. I'm a bit surprised I wasn't already signed up honestly

D23 Gold or Gold Family -- $100/130 per year and you get a bunch of special offers -- pins, cards, a small book, discounted tickets to D23 Conventions, access to some special studio tours at a discounted pric, etc. If you have a ton of DMR points you really aren't going to use, you can also get a Gold Family Membership for 5000 points (or buy $50 in DMR points and get a discounted membership that way)

https://d23.com/d23-membership/ - (of course once the site is running smoother)
About halfway down the page under the Large Prominent Flashy $130 Gold Family signup is a lonely pathetic looking button to sign-up for the "Become a General Member" which essentially signs you up for their newsletter, but it's free and should give you the D+ offer.

The Disney+ offer will be sent via email within a couple days of signing up. Several people who signed up years ago for the Basic Free D23 and even forgot they were a member say they've already got the offer.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Trying to figure out the D23 thing, and D23 appears to be offline.

Works for me.

The 2019 me wants to spend $69 and not $141. It's kind of screwing the 2020 and 2021 me, but I'm thinking of letting those me's deal with it and letting the me of today pocket the extra $72 and have fun with it.

Signed up but can't decide what I'll do...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
D23com_outage_02c.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I probably would have signed up for the $140 3 yr deal if it had been working for me today. But I think I’m out of time to puzzle out their website and my various existing go.com accounts. So, probably just wait for this Fall.

It’s not like I lack for streaming content to watch the next few years. :)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I probably would have signed up for the $140 3 yr deal if it had been working for me today. But I think I’m out of time to puzzle out their website and my various existing go.com accounts. So, probably just wait for this Fall.

You still have 6 days! Those other Disney accounts don't factor into it at all anyway because you sign up for a new Disney+ account...

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Didn't get an email. but I just clicked on View Account and the offer popped up immediately. I signed up for the Free Membership last night so less than 18 hrs -- now that I can actually get into my account.

I guess I'm now a member of the Founders Club -- hopefully is goes better than the Criterion Founders signup/screwup

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Didn't get an email. but I just clicked on View Account and the offer popped up immediately. I signed up for the Free Membership last night so less than 18 hrs -- now that I can actually get into my account.

I guess I'm now a member of the Founders Club -- hopefully is goes better than the Criterion Founders signup/screwup
I'm all signed up too. What happen with the Criterion Founders signup/screwup?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm all signed up too. What happen with the Criterion Founders signup/screwup?

My fault signing up for the weekly plan initially without reading the fine print that wasn't on the signup site and was only buried in some of the press releases. Decided I wanted to show my support before rollout and switched to the Annual plan not realizing that reneged the whole thing with no recourse.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

So you are going to spend $70 more because a website didn’t work for 3 hours?

/boggle

Anyway just so you know it creates an entirely new account login not tied to your Disney account anyway. Truly dumb, I’m sure they will consolidate them in 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks