What's new

Dish or DirectTV? (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
This has probably been beaten into the ground, but Iam having a real tough time deciding which to get? I have a Toshiba 50H81, and am in the market for one of the two services. The problem is that I can not currently afford the HD receiver, so I am planning on getting the dish and a basic receiver to start with, then upgrade in a few months.
My question is this: anybody with a Tosh --H81 series. What do you think? Personally after looking at all the posts, it looks to be television/area/receiver specific. But I am trying to narrow things down. Oh, I also live in Charlottesville, VA - so anybody nearby with experience here would be most relevant. Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Well, the only thing DirecTV will get you is HDnet and the sports packages. Other than that, Dish is pretty much better all the way.
I went with DirecTV basically for HDnet (www.hd.net) which is doubtful to appear on Dish any time soon. Dish on the other hand uses less compression (though neither are anything like they were in the earlier days...), and is generally a much easier company to deal with.
I have owned both at various times... and I would have loved to gone with Dish again, but HDnet is just to enticing, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks