What's new
World Wide Stereo

digital sound issues (1 Viewer)

farooch

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
My name is Frank and I have a maddening issue, but one that is probably old hat to the more video and audio affluent. I subscribe to DirectTV and have a 37" LCD connected to a Sony home theater system. I live in N.E. Pa. and dropped my local cable company in lieu of DirectTv because I grew tired of the un-eveness and fluctuations in my sound signal. I went on-line with DirectTV on Nov.12th and immediately thought my problems were solved; the sound eminating from all my speakers finally gave me the disered surround sound effect I so desperately wanted. But it didn't last. Imagine my dissapointment as I thought I had finally resolved this nagging issue, only to find that it happens even with a satellite dish on my roof. The sound degrades to where it seems to be coming out of one channel; some stations are worse than others, volumne is eractic at best. When it holds steady, it is fantastic. There is nothing wrong with my equipment; I've tested and re-tested. I hope some of you out there are familar with this problem; I am open to any and all feedback and advice. Thank you

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
In order to offer any kind of advice, we'll need to know the make and model number of each piece of gear. Also information on how everything is connected. (Digital coax? Optical? HDMI?)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks