What's new

Dish Networks intentions with Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Anybody heard anything interesting about what Dish Network has in mind now that they own Blockbuster? It seems there could be some very interesting possibilities. Perhaps offering a similar service to Netflix only broadcasting it across satellite so you get actual decent quality without bandwidth concerns? Obviously that would eliminate the PPV options that Dish Network offers, but can you imagine the number of people (me included) that would subscribe for even more than the cost of Netflix (which offers less quality) for movies and programming? I'd have to believe they'd more than make up for the loss of PPV with all the subscribers. I sure hope they have something like that in mind.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Here is an interesting article about DirecTV which apparently has taken notice of rival Dish Networks acquisition. One point of inquiry, as perhaps I am just missing something. but why would it be necessary for DirecTV to provide content across streaming when they've got a far superior delivery service in place in satellite? Streaming just doesn't cut it when compared to satellite or Digital cable delivery as far as quality goes, and as bandwidth increasingly becomes an issue (as it seems to be), it's just going to get worse.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/directv-may-take-netflix-stream-182628

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Actually, mods, can you move this to the streaming video section? I missed it when I was trying to figure out where to put it.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks