What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Currently experiencing odd behavior on Paramount+ on my Roku devices:

1. Recent movies and Original TV shows are defaulting to Descriptive Audio (these were programmed with Track #1 as Descriptive).

2. A Quiet Place Part II refuses to play in 4K HDR, most of the time in what looks like SD. Default audio is Descriptive, with no Dolby Atmos option (even on my new Roku Ultra).

3. Occasionally, the title selected is not the title that appears. For example, I'll click on A Quiet Place Part II on the Horror Movies page, but it will pull up the main page for The 16th Episode.

Speaking to their support was agonizing, as the agent I spoke with was not familiar with Roku devices nor was he really familiar with the streaming service. He also kept saying "We are seeing some issues with your account" but did not mean that Paramount Plus was seeing issues, he meant the agent and I were seeing issues. A case was created, "escalated," and I should expect to receive a response "soon." I asked "How Soon?" and was told "Real soon, but it could take longer depending on the complexity of the issue." Ugh!

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I guess they DO care. :) Within hours of me contacting them, they sent 2 responses:

Hey Mark,

Thank you so much for informing us about the missing text in the title "Pollyanna". We have informed our team and they will be working with the Disney studio on a fix.

While we can't provide a time estimate at how long this will take, we recommend checking back on the movie in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Kindest regards,
Lacy,
Movies Anywhere Customer Care
Movies Anywhere was as good as their word. It only took a month, but the issue with Pollyanna has now been corrected. Perfect timing as the only other service that had the new transfer was FandangoNow!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Movies Anywhere was as good as their word. It only took a month, but the issue with Pollyanna has now been corrected. Perfect timing as the only other service that had the new transfer was FandangoNow!

Niiice...

FWIW, it looks like iTunes actually did upgrade the orphaned entry/version of Willy Wonka to 4K as well near as I can tell... possibly immediately after I complained to a supervisor there (~3 weeks ago) though I couldn't verify til this past week -- I did notice the HD version was very likely updated at least by the very next day I checked again as the intro was no longer window-boxed and also had the Paramount logo instead of Warner.

_Man_

DarkVader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
I purchased In The Heights digitally via iTunes on July 30th and I cannot access any of the iTunes Extras. My friend purchased it on VUDU Fandango and cannot access the extras on that platform either. In addition, my Movies Anywhere account is linked to my iTunes account and In The Heights is not showing up in my Movies Anywhere account.

Is there anyone out there experiencing the same problem of not being able to access the iTunes extras or the movie not showing up in your Movies Anywhere account?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I purchased In The Heights digitally via iTunes on July 30th and I cannot access any of the iTunes Extras. My friend purchased it on VUDU Fandango and cannot access the extras on that platform either. In addition, my Movies Anywhere account is linked to my iTunes account and In The Heights is not showing up in my Movies Anywhere account.

Is there anyone out there experiencing the same problem of not being able to access the iTunes extras or the movie not showing up in your Movies Anywhere account?
It's possible that Warner is not making the extras available until the disc release date which is 8/31.

As for it not appearing on Movies Anywhere, I would contact them after first trying to unlink and relink your Apple TV account.

DarkVader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
Thanks, I suspected that was the reason the extras were not available yet.

I'm going to give your suggestion regarding Movies Anywhere access a shot.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yeah, In the Heights is still in "Theater at Home" rental mode, where a mere rental costs $19.99, and $25-27 for a purchase, so extras aren't accessible yet. It will officially switch to a normal release and then you'll get your extras. I suspect that's also why Movies Anywhere doesn't have it yet.

DarkVader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
Thanks, I suspected that was the reason the extras were not available yet.

I'm going to give your suggestion regarding Movies Anywhere access a shot.

Thanks so much for your advice!
The movie is now appearing in my Movies Anywhere app along with some extras: A making-of feature is broken down into nine individual featurettes and two sing-a-long videos: 96,000 and In The Heights. I'm not sure if these will be the same extras that will be included on iTunes and Vudu Fandango as the extras on those platforms are still not accessible.

gralenk

Grip
Real Name
gralen young
My FireStick does 5.1 for certain channels Disney Plus, Amazon Prime. Also Netflick which my TV and Comcast cable does. Any other is very bad stereo. Comcast cable does it very well and I only have it hooked up to a toslink. HBO Max is the issue. 5.1 is spotted sometimes just stereo. Now the same show on HBO Max is not as good if it was on just HBO. For some reason HBO have better surround than HO Max. Hulu on Comcast is good. I never tried Peacock because the only thing I like on Peacock was the Olympics. The only complaint I have about Comcast is that the regular shows are not 5.1. What am I doing wrong?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
My FireStick does 5.1 for certain channels Disney Plus, Amazon Prime. Also Netflick which my TV and Comcast cable does. Any other is very bad stereo. Comcast cable does it very well and I only have it hooked up to a toslink. HBO Max is the issue. 5.1 is spotted sometimes just stereo. Now the same show on HBO Max is not as good if it was on just HBO. For some reason HBO have better surround than HO Max. Hulu on Comcast is good. I never tried Peacock because the only thing I like on Peacock was the Olympics. The only complaint I have about Comcast is that the regular shows are not 5.1. What am I doing wrong?
Knowing what your setup is and how it is all connected may help.

gralenk

Grip
Real Name
gralen young
Hook up to HDMI for fire stick in a yamaha 3070. HBO max is hook up by opitical cable to my comcast box but it is thru my receiver

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hook up to HDMI for fire stick in a yamaha 3070. HBO max is hook up by opitical cable to my comcast box but it is thru my receiver
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "HBO max is hook up by optical cable to my comcast box but it is thru my receiver."

Generally, all of your components (Firestick, Cable Box, Blu-ray player) should be connected via HDMI into the receiver, then an HDMI cable running from the receiver to the TV.

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Watched Signs last night with the family on my Apple TV 4K (2017) and the audio channels are messed up. The FR and SL channels seem to be reversed. It was really odd. This was in the iTunes app. After it was over, I check the Vudu and it was messed up there as well. Double check a few other movies to make sure it wasn’t my equipment and they played correctly.

Does anyone else on Signs through iTunes or Vudu and can check?

Last edited:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Watch Signs last night with the family on my Apple TV 4K (2017) and the audio channels are messed up. The FR and SL channels seem to be reversed. It was really odd. This was in the iTunes app. After it was over, I check the Vudu and it was messed up there as well. Double check a few other movies to make sure it wasn’t my equipment and they played correctly.

Does anyone else on Signs through iTunes or Vudu and can check?
Tomorrow Never Dies on Vudu has a similar error with the center channel mapped to the left surround. I've been trying to get them to fix this for months.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Crooked Arrows on Vudu sounds like I have my receiver set to Multichannel Stereo. I logged a ticket two years ago, which was ignored and fell thru the cracks. However, it sounds correct on iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and even Prime Video. It also sounded correct on FandangoNow, so I included it in my library merger issues ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks