What's new

Dish 811, a Z1 and my RPTV (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I've had the Dish receiver for a few weeks now and mostly using it on the Z1. Everything's fine and dandy downstairs but I recently tried to connect it to the upstairs HD RPTV and it doesn't output 1080i. I did try it when I got it the first few days and everything was OK. I then rush it downstairs again to the pj and it works fine. I've done all the necessary troubleshooting from same cables used, to acessing menus on the 811, etc. Now my question is, does anyone know of an existing issue on these HD receivers about them working on one display and nopt on another?

StephenHa

Second Unit
what connection are you using? the only one that output a decent signal on our showroom unit was the dvi, I used it on a lcos, and a crt set (swapped inputs on the lcos and had same results the component was unwatchable on most channels)

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
The Dish 811 reciever DOES output 1080i so you're misinformed on that part. I have 2 of them, one 811 on my 32" Sony via component and it looks incredible, no difference between the component and DVI, and my other is on my Sony VPLHS20 FP and looks great via component there too. Wish I knew your problem but there simply shouldn't be one.

You can even go to the menu, access the installation part, go to HDTV and select 1080i or 720p or 480i/p if need be.

****I just read your statement again and maybe you were saying your RPTV doesn't output 1080i and in that case you need to go through the 811 menus I just said and select 480i and also your TV format(4:3 or 16:9).

StephenHa

Second Unit
on the 32" it may look good with component, but on a large screen the component was lacking, something confirmed when tech support was contacted, they said never use the component unless absolutely necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks