What's new

DirecTV and network HDTV (1 Viewer)

Trent_N

Agent
Some of you that have DirectTV's HDTV receiver, how do you also receive network HDTV programming? What kind of setup do you have? Does the DirecTV receiver also receive network HDTV programming or do you have to have a separate receiver? If you have 2 different receivers, how do you switch context between them? Do you just purchase some mega receiver with 3 component inputs (for DVD, DirecTV, and network HDTV)?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
All DirecTV HD receiver will also decode OTA digital signals. That is the ONLY way to get network HD programming with DirecTV. Go to Antennaweb to see what is available in your area.

-Robert

Rick_Ster

Auditioning
does the HD dish (triple lnb) pick up ota hdtv signals? How do you program the receiver to tune to these channels? The cust service guy at directv told me that local channels would "automatically" be picked up by directv in HDTV and that's not true - all the local channels I'm getting over directv are all non-hdtv signals. I can get the HDTV signals with a separate antenna and receiver, but I thought I could also get them through my dish and dss receiver? btw, I have the hughes e86 receiver.

Thanks for any input you have on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks