What's new

Dinotopia Disc 2 sound problem? (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Just got a 2nd e-mail today from Nikkie Randle, asking for my shipping address, and advising that they will send me a replacement straight away....no mention of the need to send the old one back.

Unfortunately, I just got beck from the post office sending the bad copy to Artisan. Dohhhh!

No matter, I have to give kudhos to Artisan for the very prompt service. Now I just hope the replacement fixes the problem. None of the e-mails from Artisan indicate that they have confirmed and corrected the problem.

We'll see when it gets here.

Regards,

BL

Chris M

Second Unit
I just watched Dinotopia last night, didn't notice any probs with disc 1, just disc 2, the 10 second sound drop out, definately not a layer change. I'll email Artisan, but the problem is that my DVD is from Alliance Atlantis. Hope this will be okay.

Chris.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Mine was totally different. Yes, I did have the sound drop out so I explained it in a brief letter to her and sent them off. I just got a reply from her saying that they have not remastered the replacement yet, and I would get it as soon as it was done, however, in the meantime she was going to send me 2 new releases.
Unfortunately, I don't know what they are, but they are free!

Glenn

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I just got the same email from Hallmark that Ashley posted except mine doesn't say "with a gift" only "we will send a replacement."

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
I received my 'FREE' DVD' while they (Artisan Entertainment) fix and replace the faulty (Dinotopia) DVD on Friday.

Only trouble is I already had one of them.. '10th Kingdom'

The question is.. are they sending everybody the same two DVD's?

I received:
'10th Kingdom' & 'Streets of Laredo'

--David

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
The question is.. are they sending everybody the same two DVD's?
I would bet no. Since the email I got was exactly the same as Ashely's but mentioned nothing about a free gift, I anticipate getting no freebie DVDs from them.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I emailed Hallmark Entertainment again asking for more information. This is what they sent me:

Dear Andrea,
The disc has been reauthored. Artisan Home Entertainment is the best contact for a replacement at this time - 800.677.0789.
Thank you,
Customer Support
Hallmark Entertainment
[email protected]
Link Removed

I called the 800 number and spoke with Tiffany. I explained I was having trouble with the Dinotopia DVD and was told to call this number and talk to Nikkie Randle. Tiffany told me to write Nikkie a letter and explain the problem. I asked if I needed to return the defective disc with the letter and she said no.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Got my freebies today.

They were Jason and the Argonauts (a remake for TV, I think), and the Odessy (another TV movie, with Armond Assante).

The reply I got last week from Nikki when asking about the remaster was that it was in progress. No date was provided for its release.

BL

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I just received my 2 discs; "Arabian Night" and "Jason & the Argonauts". I am grateful that Artisan sent me the 2 discs, but will await the corrected version of "Dinotopia" disc #2, whenever that will be.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Just got this email from Nikkie Randle:

Artisan Entertainment
2700 Colorado Ave. 2nd Fl.
Santa Monica, CA 90404

October, 2002

Dear Consumers:

We are writing in regards to your resent purchase of "Dinotopia" DVD. Your name was on a list for people, who possible may have purchased a defective DVD. We are in the process of re-placing the Dinotopia DVD's. Please provide us with a direct ship to address. Once we receive the address please allow 3 to 4 weeks for the DVD to arrive.

Sincerely,
Artisan Entertainment
Consumer Service

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
I received the announcement also.

Isn't nice to see that customer service places all our e-mail addresses in the TO box instead of the BCC box.

Responded immediately with my address (even though I had provided that in my original e-mails). In addition, still waiting for my "2 free copies of Artisan's latest releases for the inconvenience". Perhaps they will arrive with the replacement disc. Guess we will see another update in about 3-4 weeks.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I never got an offer of two free discs (or gifts whatever the wording was).

Chris M

Second Unit
I was told to send mine in, so I did that and got this email like 2 days later... sigh. Get the DVDs for a good price and have to pay an extra $4.50 for shipping... what a great deal... sigh.

Hope they can make that up to me.

Chris.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Got my replacement in and all is well now. At first I couldn't figure out why it looked so much better too, then, oh, yeah, I replaced my 40"ws with a 65". Much Better.

Glenn

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Just received my fixed version of "Dinotopia" today and it plays perfectly. Kudos to the folks in Customer Service at Artisan Entertainment!!

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
How was the replacement copy shipped?
USPS? First Class / Priority / Media Mail
UPS?
Other?

--David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks