What's new

Dimmer Interference? (1 Viewer)

Tim.M

Auditioning
I am probably showing my Newbie naiveity but...I had a regional Home Theater/Appliance store help me with the prep work and design of my home theater. In my conversation (I thought) I heard him say that Dimmer Switches can cause interference with the electronic components.

Is this at all accurate? I did a search and saw a number of posts about Dimmer installation so I gather many (most) folks use Dimmers. I didn't see anything about possible issues between Dimmers/Componenets. Perhaps just a misunderstanding on my part.

Thanks in advance,

-t

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
You are correct. What you want to do is to keep your dimmers on a different leg in your junction box from your components.
In your junction box, going from top to bottom in one row of switches, the legs alternate.
That's why your stove or dryer circuit spans two switches, so that they pick up each 120Vac leg to get the 220Vac that is required to run them.
This makes it easy to keep your components and lighting on different legs.
Did I explain that clear enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks