What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I forget now -- and can't seem to locate a previous post on this -- but do iTunes bundles qualify for eventual 4K upgrades?

I know bundles w/ 4K titles (at least substantially discounted) don't transfer to MA as 4K.

Thanks!

_Man_
Yes. Bundles are considered the same as individual purchases. They get free 4K upgrades. And you are also correct that iTunes bundles currently do not import into MA at 4K.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yes. Bundles are considered the same as individual purchases. They get free 4K upgrades. And you are also correct that iTunes bundles currently do not import into MA at 4K.

Thanks for confirming.

Just went ahead and pulled the trigger on that big $30 bundle of top classics after I realized I actually only have 5 of those on BD -- thought I had 6. I might still get some of the rest on BD, but this should at least hold me off for a good while.

_Man_

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Found some old digital copy codes on films I bought a long time ago. I had redeemed some in vudu.
I was able to redeem some of them again in iTunes Yesterday and today.

jaws (again the older Blu ray release) and ET both redeemed in iTunes in 4K. Star Trek into darkness (the original Blu ray release) code also redeemed in 4K on iTunes.

I also noted that paramount titles can be redeemed on vudu and then again on iTunes.

I wasn’t sure if this was common knowledge.

I was glad to pick up a few more digital titles.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
5 $5 titles for me today:
The country girl
Roman holiday
The princess bride
King creole
Duck soup

Tempted on sunset boulevard for $6.99
I have it on vudu but the iTunes version has extras.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn’t realize that about the country girl before I bought it. I haven’t watched my dvd of it in years.
The DVD isn't in widescreen either. I don't understand how Paramount can release a movie that was filmed in 1954, on DVD in 2004, without it being in widescreen.

Of course, they did the same thing with "The Bridges at Toko-Ri", another 1955 movie that was filmed in 1954.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’ll be watching my newly-acquired iTunes copy of Bridges at Toko-Ri in widescreen. I love my projector’s masking capabilities. Hm, now what AR should I choose, 1.66 or 1.85...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks