What's new

'Digital' Cable Box Question (1 Viewer)

PaulT

Supporting Actor
I am using Shaw 'Digital' in Western Canada and have hooked up both analog (L/R RCA) and digital coax connections from my Cable Box to my receiver. It is an Onkyo 696 which auto senses the input signal. I have the Cable input set to Digital Coax/Auto.
Unfortunately it seems that Shaw is broadcasting a digital carrier with no signal on the standard TV channels.
For example, I hear the audio from the 'Digital' channels just fine and the receiver says it is receiving a PCM Digital signal. When I change to a 'Standard' channel, however, the receiver still reports a PCM Digital signal as input (but nothing is output) and therefore will not auto switch to the analog signal as it should.
Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a workaround other than manually switching between analog and digital inputs with the remote depending on what channel I am on. :angry:

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I have the same service as you. I have not found a way around this at this time.

Patrick

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Thanks Patrick, I've tried both boxes I have with same results, so I guess I'll have to accept the fact that 'it sucks'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks