Diffusion help

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Nick Hallett, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Nick Hallett

Nick Hallett Agent

Is there anyone out there experienced with diffusors? I'm thinking of putting something on my rear HT wall, but I'm not sure how many I should use. My rear wall is 7'H x 13'W. Seating position is 12 feet from rear wall, and the floor is carpeted. In the middle of the rear wall is a velvet curtain 2'W x 7'H. The front wall is treated with absorbers.

I was thinking of using 2 2'x2' RPG skylines on each side of the window (spaced and staggered). Should I use more? going with the LEDE concept here. Thoughts?

2. NicB

NicB Auditioning

I wouldn't go with RPG simply because of price. Also, two 2x2 panels will do next to nothing for you. I'd suggest looking at Auralex. I got a 12-pack of the 2'x2' Metro-fusors for a little over what you'd pay for one 2'x2' RPG Skyline. I lined my back wall (4 wide x 2 tall) from the ceiling down and also put them at the first reflection point on the ceiling (4 wide) and they made a helluva difference. I highly recommend them. If you have any questions about em or want pictures, let me know.