What's new

Difficulty watching Ebert/Roeper! (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
But I especially love it when Roeper says something that Ebert wholly diagrees with. Ebert gives him a look that says, "Good heavens man! Your brain is leaking out of your ears!"
laugh.gif
I love that look!
~T
[Edited last by Thi Them on October 23, 2001 at 01:47 PM]

Andre F

Screenwriter
I love this show. My wife and I watch this every Monday night and we get a real kick out of the show. Definately one of my favorites. Guess I'm in the minority here.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I haven't watched the show regularly since Siskel passed away. I always thought he was the smart one. My he rest in peace.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
[Edited last by Rain on October 23, 2001 at 06:12 PM]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, I did appreciate Mr. Ebert's admonition to Warner to reissue 2001: A Space Odyssey nationwide, a week or so ago.
Actually, I don't have a problem with either of the two. Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes not. And sometimes Mr. Ebert's opinion is enough to persuade me to check one of his recommendations out.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Roeper lost all credibility when he gave thumbs down for Kubric: A Life in Pictures? or whatever that documentary was. He said he liked it, yet it was too long. Ebert tried to argue with him on how if you like something, it can't be long enough and other reasons why Roeper was wrong. But Roeper who was proven wrong right to his face, was very close minded and wouldn't admit he was wrong. At least Siskel and Ebert have admitted being wrong about their reviews of movies on shows before. Most recently, Ebert, who ripped Fight CLub theatrically, praised it after seeing the DVD.
I only watch Ebert and Roeper for Ebert. Do I always agree with Ebert? No. But at least he gives his opinions backed by his knowledge of films and literature. I may not always agree with him, but I respect his opinion. Roeper on the other hand seems to disagree just for the heck of it sometimes, as others have mentioned in various other threads before.
------------------
Michael's DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks