What's new

Diet Coke with Splenda (1 Viewer)

Phil_L

Second Unit
Tried it this week and was quite pleased. Sweeter than regular Diet Coke, not as sickeningly sweet as Pepsi.

Since I only drink diet soda (if I drink any soda at all) I like having a good variety from which to choose.

Anyone else try it?

SteveLa

Stunt Coordinator
My choices of the moment:

Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi
Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale
Minute Maid Light Lemonade
Hawaiian Punch Light

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
No, but I plan on giving it a try.

My all time favorite diet drink is Diet Squirt.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I just had it this morning. I liked it a lot better then the regular diet coke. The aftertaste that diet coke has, is lessened with the addition of Splenda. I thought it was a little sweeter.

Paul

CRyan

Screenwriter
Will have to give this a try. Diet Squirt is indeed very good for a diet drink.

Don't laugh but my favorite is actually TAB. Good stuff in a glass with ice. Almost like drinking a Coke till the aftertaste kicks in. If you have not tried it in a while, you should pick one up.

C. Ryan

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
Diet-Rite uses Splenda versus Nutrasweet. My favorite flavor is their White Grape that I fear may have been discontinued since I've not seen it in months. Is the "new" Diet Coke country-wide or only limited test areas at this time?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I had no luck finding any at our local (Tulsa)large grocery chain (Albertsons)this past weekend.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I had my first one the other day. I thought it was ok, but actually favor the Nutrasweet version. Of course I am a diet drink aholic. :b

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I miss Squirt. I stopped drinking non-diet stuff about 18 months ago. Regular Squirt was hard enough to find around here (and was my favorite non-diet soda). Diet Squirt might as well not exist. I don't think I've seen it around here in a decade.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
The Splenda Diet Coke is pretty darn good. I can't decide between it or the new Pepsi One. That diet cherry vanilla DP tastes like cough medicine IMHO.

I just wish we had Mr. Pibb in my area. I miss that stuff. I wonder what Coke's "Vault" is going to taste like. It's the new competition to Mt. Dew.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Mine too. Haven't been able to find it ever since we left the west coast. I'm in Jacksonville, FL now and I asked the Publix if they could get it. They looked into it and said no.

When we went on a ski vacation to Snowmass, I found it there and enjoyed a sixpack.

I googled it once and found a place that would ship it. It wasn't expensive, until you added in the shipping. Over $20 for a case.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was gonna ask if this was regional since I haven't seen the Splenda coke, but I see Phil is also from CT, so that blows that theory.

Did they change all of the Diet Coke to Splenda? or is it a separate product? Does this Diet Coke have a new label? or is it the same Diet Coke, but with Splenda instead of NutraSweet? In other words, is it easily recognizable?That's what I should have done. I got a 2 litter bottle, but once the fizz ran out, it tasted pretty nasty (too sweet).

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor

No, they didn't change all of the Diet Coke. It's a separate product for now. I assume it is the same Diet Coke with Splenda but they might've made some other slight changes. The label with Splenda has some blue accents and blue borders on the label and a blue cap. The "Sweetened with Splenda" label is prominent on the bottle. I've only found it in 20 oz bottles thus far.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hmmm...I will have to look for that and try it out.

Anyone else think the different logo looks way too much like that hideous Lemon Diet Coke? They should have done something different for the logo.

Oh...and one last thing, is "New" Coke still available anywhere? If not, then is Classic Coke really classic or just plain Coke?

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I just tried the Diet Coke with Splenda and I really like it even though I never was crazy about Diet Coke. The large supermarket I went to had single bottles in the cooler, but no cases in the soda aisle. Either they're just trying it or it's selling really fast. I'll have to hunt for it later in the week. I also like the Diet Cherry/Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
While pulling together paper for today's recycling pick-up, I spotted a circular that said they had a tasting this the past Sunday at a local Taget store.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks