What's new

"Die Hard 4" in the works. (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I just saw on Headline News that Fox is currently working on a script and that Bruce Willis has agreed to come back as John McClane. IMDb also has something on this as well, although I haven't been able to find any other source or the actual statement by Fox.

The title at this point is "Die Hard 4: Die Hardest".

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
If Sam Jackson comes back as well, this could be a great great film (part 3 was my favorite by far :D)

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I liked Die Hard 3, but I don't think they should bring Jackson back for part 4. For one thing it would be contrived, since he's not a police officer like McClane. Secondly, for him to be in another Die Hard movie would move the Die Hard franchise toward being a buddy cop movie like Lethal Weapon, and that wasn't the original idea behind Die Hard.

That being said, I'm looking forward to this one. I hope they get McTiernan to direct again.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
None of the sequels lived up to the original
in my opinion.

McTiernan would be the perfect choice to direct.

Really liked the concept that was put forth years
ago for a DIE HARD on a Subway. The idea was
scrapped after a similar storyline was put on film.

Will K

Screenwriter
The Die Hard series is definitely a cut above the usual action fare, and I'll gladly welcome another if the quality is retained(I really dug DHWAV). I would hate to be the screenwriter and have to come up with new trappings, but I guess it could be done. I just hope the Britney Spears rumors are fake(and likely are).

Perhaps McClane could stop Pat Roberston from putting a nuclear device in the State Department!
:D

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Die Hardest...but where will it be this time?

Just to poke ideas around...

Cruise Liner? (Speed2,Under Seige)
Sub Marine? (H.R.O./Crimson Tide)
Jungle? (Predator..)
Desert? (L.O.A.)
Space Station? (Moonraker)

Who cares...Bring it On!

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Die Hardest isn't much better...I thought that was a joke! Yikes! But then again I thought that "Die Harder" was a joke back in 1990...

-Dennis

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Why???!!!

The only thing that would be any good is if they brought back John's wife but I am sure they will blow it and cast The Rock or a Big Boobed Hollywood Babe to attract the younger audience.

Die Hard Again!!

Daniel J.S.

Stunt Coordinator
I greatly enjoyed the first three films, but ENOUGH ALREADY. I am not keen at all on this movie, and would probably only see it out of a sense of obligation. Of course, if it blows everyone away, I'll gladly admit I was wrong, but I don't have high hopes.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
DIE HARD 4: DIE HARDEST?? That's terrible. Maybe they should add "It's more gooder than the rest!"

And I didn't enjoy 3.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
If they make it I sure hope McTiernan doesn't direct it. He's went totally downhill since Die Hard IMHO.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
McTiernan directed The Hunt for Red October after Die Hard. You wouldn't call that one bad, would you? Also, Last Action Hero wasn't as bad as it's made out to be, and I thought Die Hard with a Vengeance was very good. So although his track record in recent years hasn't been great, I think McTiernan is still the right man for the next Die Hard.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Didn't McTeirnan have something to do with Tears of the Sun? Thought that was pretty good. It was realistic with no over the top stuff.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to the 4th installment but really, where else could they go with this story that hasn't been done already?

Building, airport, good ideas. They worked for parts 1 and 2.
For the 3rd they went about it a bit differently and had McClane go around NYC. Still a good idea.

But what else that hasn't been done?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought Tears of the Sun was the origional script for die hard 4, but willis didn't want to do another die hard so he did it as a seperate entity from the die hard movies.

or maybe there was another reason he didnt do it as a die hard movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks